Hi from England

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
Pbboxer

Hi from England

Post by Pbboxer »

Hello all, my name is Paul and I've just bought my second RT. I used to own a 2012 SE but sold is last year for an s1000xr.

The most recent purchase is a 2005 and I am using it for touring and some fun rides in the Yorkshire Dales

Here's a vid of my 2012 bike, when I went to the Nurburgring. It take a couple of minutes to get going , hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/_kTJF7-xXhQ
falconmick

Re: Hi from England

Post by falconmick »

Welcome to the forum Paul, the vid is interesting, don't know if you've got more balls or less sense than me lol.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. I look forward to if and when you post a vid of the feisty XR being caned around the Nurburgring!!  ;)

PS  I hadn't realised there was so much graffiti sprayed onto the tarmac there!  ???
Pbboxer

Post by Pbboxer »

Thanks for the welcome.

The XR is a really fun bike, not quite as planted as an RT but point to point it's bloody amazing.

The Ring is getting pretty dangerous now, there seem to be a lot of accidents and it's getting so busy.

I haven't done many laps there - maybe 15 in total but it's really addictive :)
Tango

Post by Tango »

Hi there Paul, welcome are you far from the Dales?
Done about 1200 miles in the Dales over the last month, even camped overnight at the weekend. Superb riding not only on the main roads, but out on the tops on the single lane tracks hairpins gravel etc, quite a challenge at first but learning fast.

Also new to the RT, never had so much fun  :)

Pbboxer

Post by Pbboxer »

Hi Tango
I live just in the Dales park near Skipton, so am very lucky with the local roads. They're challenging but however far I've travelled, some of the Dales roads compete. Absolutely love the area.

Where abouts are you based?
Tango

Post by Tango »

I'm on the coast not far from Blackpool basking in the sunshine at the moment  8)
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Post by slparry »

Pbboxer wrote: Hello all, my name is Paul and I've just bought my second RT. I used to own a 2012 SE but sold is last year for an s1000xr.
The most recent purchase is a 2005 and I am using it for touring and some fun rides in the Yorkshire Dales
Here's a vid of my 2012 bike, when I went to the Nurburgring. It take a couple of minutes to get going , hope you enjoy
Hi Paul, fancy meeting you here :D ... so back to an RT, did you not like the XR? See you at a Boxertrix weekend :)

Steve Parry
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

Small world! I commented on this YouTube video about a year ago and here you are. Respect! You were looking good on the track!

Tom W.
paulh

Post by paulh »

Welcome  :)
Yanto Maan

Post by Yanto Maan »

Pbboxer wrote: Hello all, my name is Paul and I've just bought my second RT. I used to own a 2012 SE but sold is last year for an s1000xr.

Amazing ride and F&*( me shows how quick the air/oil version can go! Big respect.