Which bluetooth?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
guest2360

Re: Which bluetooth?

Post by guest2360 »

Which one.  None of them if you have an LC with an audio unit.  The BMW system is too expensive, has no auto mute and does not fully function on the wheel if you have a pillion. All the rest will only connect one helmet to the unit. 
On top  of that about every 18 months they are upgraded to a (better model) but still the sound quality never quite matches a good wired system.  Then there's the small matter of remembering to plug them into the mains.
Leaving now to wash the car as it was last done in November and it's getting difficult to see through the glass.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

All good points. But if you need to ride or have access to many bikes, BT works well, I have mine connected to the bike for nav, intercom with my good lady and my phone is pared directly to the BT unit. Battery wise, mine holds a charge for 12 hours or more, wouldn't ride for longer than that, so not an issue. Sound quality, its ok, it is better than the music through my old starcom unit, but never had an autocom. Moved to BT years ago, after my wife managed to disconnect the lead to her helmet and it ended up around the rear sprocket. That was the end of wires for me.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

After fighting with the Scala Rider G4, I eventually gave up on Cardo & Switched to Sena.

The SMH10 has lasted for a 3+ years until during a software update it bricked.  I contacted Sena, and instead of an expected discount on a replacement, as I had hoped, they replaced the device.

When / if the Sena gives up the ghost, I will consider either Autocom (Wires) or another Sena.
Best regards, Sleuth
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Horses for courses, I sent back 2 Sena 20s when they came out and was advised to move to Scala which has been faultless.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

My Autocom Logic is on it's third bike over the last 6 years and still works perfectly.  If you have the use of more than one bike I can see a wired system is not practical but for one bike with an audio system fitted its the best.
There are of course other opinions out there but they are all wrong.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: My Autocom Logic is on it's third bike over the last 6 years and still works perfectly.  If you have the use of more than one bike I can see a wired system is not practical but for one bike with an audio system fitted its the best.
There are of course other opinions out there but they are all wrong.

Of course they are  :whistle:
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Casbar wrote:
Of course they are  :whistle:

Hang on a minute, having one helmet equipped with Autocom and another with Bluetooth, I am both right and wrong.....
John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Definitely not wrong.  You have just given yourself the best and the not so best. :enjoying:
vx5r

Post by vx5r »

I purchased a 2015 R1200RT in 2015 with all the bells and whistles except the BMW driving lights.  Along with it I got two BMW bluetooth helmet radios.  They work okay, but have no range other than rider to passenger.  My son and I are heading of to Alaska on BMWs this Summer and needed a longer range and cheaper radio.  Got a pair of SENA 20S units.  Nice range but it took some work to get mine to pair with the RT fully and to my wife's BMW bluetooth.  Now am looking at integrating a SENA Prism camera to the works.  It might be a bit over  the top to expect everything to play well together....
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

vx5r wrote: I purchased a 2015 R1200RT in 2015 with all the bells and whistles except the BMW driving lights.  Along with it I got two BMW bluetooth helmet radios.  They work okay, but have no range other than rider to passenger.  My son and I are heading of to Alaska on BMWs this Summer and needed a longer range and cheaper radio.  Got a pair of SENA 20S units.  Nice range but it took some work to get mine to pair with the RT fully and to my wife's BMW bluetooth.  Now am looking at integrating a SENA Prism camera to the works.  It might be a bit over  the top to expect everything to play well together....

Incoming...

:alas: :alas:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The perfect solution I would suggest is bus.  Sit side by side, take pictures out the window and stay dry. 
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

RTman10 wrote: The perfect solution I would suggest is bus. Sit side by side, take pictures out the window and stay dry.
... be late, and not get to where you want.  :)  Of course the photos will come out grey from the unwashed windows.
Best regards, Sleuth
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Hadn't thought of that.  And there's the added worry about if you are on the right one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mitcher16

Post by mitcher16 »

mhr43 wrote: I would appreciate forum members' views on which Bluetooth system to buy.
I want one that pairs with my phone and my Garmin 660 sat nav. I do not need pillion or group contact. I am looking for reliability of pairing and simplicity of use, as well an ability to transfer the unit to any future helmet.
I have had a Sena SMH5 which had an intermittent pairing problem and has now ceased to function.
I just purchased the new Cardo Freecom 2 (twin pack) for me and my girlfriend. I liked the features and the upgraded speakers that came with it. I will write a review when I get it all set up and test it. I am in Western Canada so that review may be a few months away...argh!! Looks like a nice unit though.