Tighten your caps!

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Tighten your caps!

Post by Casbar »

Just put some thread lock on them, did mine months ago and they are still fine. If we are still talking about the screws that is, can't be bothered to read the whole thread  :)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

My black sticky tape is still keeping everything tight after 2 long tours this summer so the crisis is over.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

I just tightened the screws when the global crisis first erupted.

Since then, nothing has changed...
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

We will be in trouble if someone looses a badge.  Might need to visit a shrink.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: We will be in trouble if someone looses a badge.  Might need to visit a shrink.

Got mine covered up with black tape, so I will be ok  :)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Yesterday in the back of the cupboard I discovered a pair of old boots dated 04/00. With the rubber gear protector split.  I decided the best way to repair them was bin them.  Then the wife pointed out there as a very nice small BMW Badge on one of them and suggested this should be removed and preserved.  After much stabbing and cursing I managed to find the metal rivit that held it on and tried to force a screwdriver between it and the badge.  It worked.  If anybody finds a small BMW badge that has a shiny resin finish to it, anywhere in Derbyshire, it's mine.