Lc version over

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Hodge

Lc version over

Post by Hodge »

I am considering looking at the Lc version over my 2008 model but wondered if anyone has done this can answer a few questions.
is there a big difference in performance.
I have read it weighs more approx 10KG so does that make the LC less flickable and nimble

Is the windscreen better

Is the seat any better
I appreciate i can go aftermarket but wondered what the new er versions have improved over the 08

Thanks as ever
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Lc version over

Post by T6pilot »

Lots of changes over older models
Handling and performance are significantly better
Windscreen gets a thumbs down, after one ride in heavy rain replaced with a quite ride screen👍👍
This is my first BMW that I haven't replaced the seat with a custom
Ride one you will be sold
Jim
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

IMHO the biggest difference is the engine.

I often rode pre-LC ones and they never made me grin.  Don't get me wrong - great bike but something was always missing for me, especially in comparison to my Multistrada.

I hired an LC for a weekend and that was it - I went out to buy one and haven't regretted it for a minute.  The LC is almost like a stealth bike; it's way quicker and more agile than any bike that size should be.  I love it.

Of course, I do have the fastest, stealthiest colour and the Akra end can (which makes it sound much better).  The chaps with the shiny blue ones and the big chrome exhausts probably aren't having half as much fun as me...

behappybehappybe
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

They should all come with a sticker on the rear saying "Considersbly Quicker than it Looks" I owned 3 RT1200s before my LC .  Everyting is better. 
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Hodge wrote: I have read it weighs more approx 10KG so does that make the LC less flickable and nimble
The new RT weighs 274 kg with panniers and the old one weighed 259 without panniers, so there is only a marginal difference there.

After 10 years with my 2005RT, I'm having a lot of fun with the LC. Seat is a lot better.
John Bentall
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

richardbd wrote: The LC is almost like a stealth bike; it's way quicker and more agile than any bike that size should be.  I love it.
+1

I've just got back from a week in the Black Forest and one comment was "how do you get that big lump so fast round the corners?" err...easy, it just does it  ;D

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The new RT weighs 274 kg with panniers and the old one weighed 259 without panniers, so there is only a marginal difference there

Think you will find the old one is 229 with panniers but no fuel.

Think there is about 25kg between them both fuelled but I find the LC lighter to throw round as well as being much quicker.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

RTman10 wrote: The new RT weighs 274 kg with panniers and the old one weighed 259 without panniers, so there is only a marginal difference there
Think you will find the old one is 229 with panniers but no fuel.
Think there is about 25kg between them both fuelled but I find the LC lighter to throw round as well as being much quicker.
Well, I am going to go by the figure out of the riders manual
Attachments
WeightR1200RT.JPG
John Bentall
pbsrides

Post by pbsrides »

I had an 08 GS which I Iiked a lot, but the 14 RT is a much improved bike. Power and suspension are great, with all the right touring touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Well, I am going to go by the figure out of the riders manual

Yep, about 25kg between them.  Take the fuel out of the old one, 229kg.  The extra weight of the LC must be the engine because it's bodywork and panniers are definitely lighter resulting in lower down weight.