Brakes not right... Front makes a strange almost rubber on steel sound

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
guest2360

Re: Brakes not right... Front makes a strange almost rubber on steel sound

Post by guest2360 »

I had new pads fitted today.  Cost me best part of £250.  Problem completely gone away.  Whether something else was done at the same time or not I don't know.  The pads didn't appear contaminated to look at them and they still had plenty of braking surface depth.  They did have a shiny steel like surface to them.  So, I'm not entirely sure.  ...but for now with new ones it seems to work very well again.

I reckon whoever saturated your wheels on ACF 50 owes you £250
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Our collective guess was right contaminated pads. Glad its all sorted but boy do BM know how to charge !
Gadgetsandwheels

Post by Gadgetsandwheels »

RTman10 wrote: I had new pads fitted today. Cost me best part of £250. Problem completely gone away. Whether something else was done at the same time or not I don't know. The pads didn't appear contaminated to look at them and they still had plenty of braking surface depth. They did have a shiny steel like surface to them. So, I'm not entirely sure. ...but for now with new ones it seems to work very well again.
I reckon whoever saturated your wheels on ACF 50 owes you £250
No sign of contamination though. I did the ACF50 and fully covered the wheels.  I think it's the pad material.
R1200RT 2015 after previously owning 3 R1200GS bikes.