GENIE BLINKER

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
wethead

GENIE BLINKER

Post by wethead »

Has anyone installed one of these in a new wethead model?

Blinker Genie for Run and Turn with LED Signals on Motorcycles ? Custom LED
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.
BackAtIt53

Re: GENIE BLINKER

Post by BackAtIt53 »

I went the Skene design route, which gave me fender mount conspicuity as well as turn signal running lights,so no I have not installed these. You will have to pull a switched hot wire for each of the modules to give you the running light function, as per the special Honda note on the installation page of the web site. I hope your hands are not huge as the front turn signal wires are behind the speakers at a very tight angle. Get yourself a few of the 22-26 posi tap connectors and you should be able to do each side in about 15 minutes (25 if you are over 50). If they do as written, you can't beat the price for the added safety value. Never did understand why this set up is not OE.

Head up, tread down, stay safe. 8)
Oh the places we will go
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

BackAtIt53 wrote: ...fender mount conspicuity...

can somebody please translate??

:alas: :alas:
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

richardbd wrote: can somebody please translate??
:alas: :alas:
Most certainly,

"Blinkenlightentickentockenflashenbulbenemptybanken!"

There, how's that.
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

Hey Richardbd,
Check out the Skene Design web site for full translation and explanation of fender mount conspicuity lights and  their advantages and benefits in the "saved my butt" category of additional equipment.
http://www.skenedesign.com/lights/PB_Features.shtml

Enjoy the read.
8)
Oh the places we will go
wethead

Post by wethead »

BackAtIt53 wrote: Hey Richardbd,
Check out the Skene Design web site for full translation and explanation of fender mount conspicuity lights and  their advantages and benefits in the "saved my butt" category of additional equipment.

Enjoy the read.
8)

Have you installed these on a new wethead RT by any chance? If so, Any problem or scheme to get around the canbus?
If it takes you all day to do something you used to do all day, you are getting old.
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

Yes, mine is also a 2016 R1200RTLC. There won't be any canbus issues. The only potential issue come from not using the resistors. You will get a front lamp out indicator on the dash, along with a fast flash.  I opened the Skene website on my ipad and saved the install section to ibooks. That way I had it in front of me while doing the job. Takes 95% of the stress out of the job. Good luck!  8)
Oh the places we will go
wethead

Post by wethead »

BackAtIt53 wrote: Yes, mine is also a 2016 R1200RTLC. There won't be any canbus issues. The only potential issue come from not using the resistors. You will get a front lamp out indicator on the dash, along with a fast flash.  I opened the Skene website on my ipad and saved the install section to ibooks. That way I had it in front of me while doing the job. Takes 95% of the stress out of the job. Good luck!  8)

Much oblige!
Because I am an electronic moron, I got the tech looking into installing either the Genie Blinker or the PhotonBlaster. I am confident if it can be done, it can by him--unfortunately, probably not by me.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Photon BLASTERS and P3 lights were simple to install on my 15 RT, used the same power source for photon Blasters as recommended for P3 lights, only issue if you call it one is lights will stay on for 30 seconds after shutting bike down
Jim
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

BackAtIt53 wrote: Hey Richardbd,

Enjoy the read.
8)

Hmmmm....

I think that only policeman are allowed flashing lights in the UK!

mayojuaf

Post by mayojuaf »

I have a 2008 RT and a 2005 BMW R1200GS and I am installing tail blinker running lights
Can someone look at this and tell me if it makes sense

I have 5 wires coming from tail harness
Brown goes to stop and blinkers
Blue White go to one blinker
Blue black go to other blinker
Grey red stop light
Grey black running tail

and I have two wires at the blinkers
Brown
Blue/white on right blinker or blue/black left blinker

question: I this correct procedure:
Yellow from genie to brown at blinker
red from genie to brown (of harness or blinker does not matter)
White from genie to Blue/ white or Blue/black (of harness or blinker it does not matter)

Am I correct? please see pictures
Attached Images
Attachments
IMG_6861.JPG
IMG_6864.JPG
IMG_6867.JPG
mayojuaf

Post by mayojuaf »

Got Corrected by Genie Blinkerguys ,
Found this for BMW bikes
note – BMW is all over the map on tail and brake.  Especially on single wire tail lights. 
tail – gray w/black stripe OR  blue w/gray stripe OR black w/gray stripe OR red/yellow/gray
brake – yellow w/gray stripe OR gray w/black stripe
left signal – blue w/red stripe
right signal – blue w/black stripe
high beam – white
low beam – yellow
ground – brown

So incoming:
white to blue white from harness,
red to a 12 v continuous running light so need to check what color feeds the tail running light.
Black to brown from harness

Outgoing to blinker
Yellow to blue with stripes from each blinker