Newbie Dublin Ireland

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
martin R

Newbie Dublin Ireland

Post by martin R »

Howya,

quick hello from paddyland!

Recently swopped me s1000rr for a 2011 1200 RT and enjoying life in the relaxed lane for a change...

hope to get some good feedback on sourcing spare parts and stuff like that,

regards,

Martin

bushbikie

Re: Newbie Dublin Ireland

Post by bushbikie »

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Plenty of good info here from a knowledgeable bunch of people.
Cheers!
2016 San Marino Blue
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

Warm Yorkshire welcome Martin :)
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Welcome Martin, enjoy the bike. As you say the RT is more relaxed and probably just as fast in the 'real world'. Lots of knowledgable folk here.
Slow Racer

Post by Slow Racer »

Hi from California,

Congratulations! I too just purchased a 2011 1200rt today.  Loving my new ride!
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Welcome Martin.

Post up a picture if you get a chance please.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Hi from the UK. I ride a 2014 RT, but also ride a 2010 RT for Blood Bike work, fine machine. Enjoy the forum, plenty of knowledgable people and some spirited banter  8)
martin R

Post by martin R »

Thanks Casbar,

indeed I have my Aon test for Blood bike East volunteering here in Dublin on Wednesday, hope its sunny like today!

Had the RT over in Mayo for a fortnight over the Mayo mountains through Killary Fjord to Lennane in Connemara and back in July, If you ever get the chance I highly recommend the West Coast of Ireland for a tour....lots of UK reg bikes all enjoying the countryside...

ps the new RT model is stunning in the flesh and would be an obvious choice for upgrade when I win the lotto...

regards,

Martin
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

martin R wrote: Thanks Casbar,

indeed I have my Aon test for Blood bike East volunteering here in Dublin on Wednesday, hope its sunny like today!

Had the RT over in Mayo for a fortnight over the Mayo mountains through Killary Fjord to Lennane in Connemara and back in July, If you ever get the chance I highly recommend the West Coast of Ireland for a tour....lots of UK reg bikes all enjoying the countryside...

ps the new RT model is stunning in the flesh and would be an obvious choice for upgrade when I win the lotto...

regards,
Martin

Good luck with the Blood Biking, there are a few of us on this forum  :)
Subman

Post by Subman »

Hello Martin, from a Kelly across the pond!  Enjoy the bike...
Methos1979

Post by Methos1979 »

Hello and welcome, Martin! Another guy from the other side of the big pond here in New England (New Hampshire), but spent a whole week in Dublin back in April visiting our daughter that was working and living there for the past year. Great city! No shortage of pubs! How's all the road work coming along?!?
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Methos1979 wrote: Hello and welcome, Martin! Another guy from the other side of the big pond here in New England (New Hampshire),but spent a whole week in Dublin back in April visiting our daughter that was working and living there for the past year. Great city! No shortage of pubs! How's all the road work coming along?!?

Road works are the Irish national sport!

martin R

Post by martin R »

Sure we take pride in bamboozeling the summer tourist with strange names and confusing directions, and if that doesn't work we go to work on the roads around bank holiday weekends, sure we even have the annual "who builds the longest roads" to elect our local politicians don't you know.. :be happy: