Rear brake getting hot.

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
adewhitmarsh

Rear brake getting hot.

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Hi,I was changing final drive oil last nite  and I noticed the rear disc is getting very hot,disc has a dark blue look,checked caliper, seems OK, pads are brembo siniterd.have ordered new pads from motorworks,ceramic type,hope this helps.
guest2360

Re: Rear brake getting hot.

Post by guest2360 »

From your previous posts you were looking at a fluid change on your servo brake system.  If you did that you might have somehow ended up with a binding brake.  The rear calliper is floating and can seize.  You say you have Brembo pads in so that suggests you have changed them or they are the BMW Brembo ones.  Don't see how fitting aftermarket pads will help but in many cases they can be very bad news for disc wear.
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Hi, didn't have fluid changed,not due til next year.caliper all works OK, I tryed to find the pads fitted on the Internet (brembo site)but they are not listed.only had the bike 10 months,so I'm thinking change pads to a recommended set.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The OEM pads are readily available from any BMW dealer.  They are made by Brembo but have a BMW part number. If the disc is blued but not now binding check they are evenly worn . Also try spinning the back wheel with the engine running no the servo operating.