GS-911 Data Logging / Video Overlay

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
ppalac

GS-911 Data Logging / Video Overlay

Post by ppalac »

I recently looked into some GPS overlay software (RaceRender, Garmin VIRB Edit, DashWare) for some moto ride videos. During this review, I discovered that I could possibly include car/bike information (e.g., rpm/tach, speed, throttle). For the vehicle in use, this requires some type of data logger.

I have read that one could attach a standard ODB2 interface to a BMW diagnostics port using an adapter cable. I have also read that this option does not work for the new K1600GT/GTL or new R1200RT LCs. I have also verified that last statement for my 2015 R1200RT LC.

So . . . I happen to already have a GS-911 WiFi and, for the first time, had it log data to the device while on a short ride. Fast forward through some data syncing and editing, and I recently posted a YouTube video.

Haven't visited here in awhile, but wanted to share.

Video Overlay -
https://youtu.be/4wdJThCN0_g
Last edited by ppalac on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: GS-911 Data Logging / Video Overlay

Post by richardbd »

As far as I'm concerned, this is like a set of microwave instructions, translated from Chinese.

I understand every individual word but i haven't got the first idea what any of it means!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

+1.  And why would you anyway, whatever it is.
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

I hear you guys.  There's a whole lot of things learned and discovered as I walked down this path.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - if you want to replicate what was accomplished in the video link I shared.  There is a way to make it happen on current generation R1200RT LCs.