Rear view mirrors

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
yellowjacket

Rear view mirrors

Post by yellowjacket »

Being a long time Harley rider I can't seem to get use to the low in fairing mirrors of my 2016 R1200RT LC. Does anyone make handlebar mirrors for the RT or is this just a stupid idea?
Maz12

Re: Rear view mirrors

Post by Maz12 »

Nippy Norman sells these and also mirrors to suit
http://www.nippynormans.com/r1200rt-lc- ... r1200rt-lc
pbsrides

Post by pbsrides »

Like these very well:  NAPOLEON AP Universal Bar End Mirror Black (AP-104) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GTWPDA/re ... HxbHTSCHBB

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The mirrors on the LC are by far the best I have ever had.  Then again I haven't fitted bar risers.  Ones on stalks will probably vibrate everything to a blur and as you have a aftermarket screen hit that on anything near full lock.  I would see if any shop will let you try before you buy.
garr2

Post by garr2 »

I have the mirrors Maz12 mentions, on my 2015 RT.
It will be obvious once you follow his/her link that you need the adaptors and the Ergo mirrors (see bottom of the linked page.)
Vibration isn't so much a problem though they aren't quite as crisp as the fairing mirrors.
They are adjustable at 4 different points but even so it requires perseverance to get them just right, remembering of course that you don't want the screen to hit them in the fully down position and with the steering locked.
They especially come into their own if you are carrying a cylinder bag on the rack. Their additional height & width allows you to see more than with the fairing mirrors.

Ian
Last edited by garr2 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Only vibration issues I had was at tick over,  once the revs built up they were fine
Methos1979

Post by Methos1979 »

RTman10 wrote: The mirrors on the LC are by far the best I have ever had.  Then again I haven't fitted bar risers.  Ones on stalks will probably vibrate everything to a blur and as you have a aftermarket screen hit that on anything near full lock.  I would see if any shop will let you try before you buy.

The OP said he was a long-time Harley rider - we're used to vibrating mirrors!!
yellowjacket

Post by yellowjacket »

yea, that will not be an issue with me.
Stebun

Post by Stebun »

use your right mirror for rear view and left mirror for lane change on a stock 2014 RT. Never have a problem!
Steve Boone
mikeg90

Post by mikeg90 »

pbsrides wrote: Like these very well:  NAPOLEON AP Universal Bar End Mirror Black (AP-104) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GTWPDA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MbcHxbHTSCHBB

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
My Origonal mirrors keep falling out of the sockets sugestions of how to keep them in place please.
pbsrides

Post by pbsrides »

mikeg90 wrote: My Origonal mirrors keep falling out of the sockets sugestions of how to keep them in place please.
OEM mirrors? Napoleon mirrors? What socket?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

And what bike.