AM radio and foot pegs

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
bradrcfii

AM radio and foot pegs

Post by bradrcfii »

I am the proud owner of a new R1200RT.  What a bike but you already know that. 

The manual indicate the existence of an AM (long Wave) radio.  The source button does give me me an AM radio selection.  Am I doing something wrong or is thee no AM band.

Also, I am interested in a foot peg lowering kit.  There are a few on the market and was wondering what we feel is the best, preferably adjustable. 

Thanks in advnance for you advice.

Brad
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: AM radio and foot pegs

Post by T6pilot »

Audio supplement will have pretty clear directions on selecting the various radio inputs, storing them is a bit of a chore
Lowered pegs, once installed, generally aren't adjustable
Enjoy the ride
Jim
bradrcfii

Post by bradrcfii »

Directions including hitting the source button but I will look again.  Does not find AM.  Looking for Lower foot peg recommendations.

Thanks,

Brad
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

bradrcfii wrote: Directions including hitting the source button but I will look again.  Does not find AM.  Looking for Lower foot peg recommendations.

Thanks,

Brad

See page 17 of the Audio manual - at least that's where it is in the UK 2014 one...

Remember that AM and LW are not the same thing and some AM radios still can't pick up LW
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

I had suburban machinery lowered foot pegs on my 1200gs and K1600 just got a pair of Knights Design for my RT, haven't installed them yet. Build quality of the new pegs looks good, no rubber pad though, think they were about $60 US cheaper than Suburban ones
Jim