Sargent EM-5 backrest - 4-5 week wait?!?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Methos1979

Sargent EM-5 backrest - 4-5 week wait?!?

Post by Methos1979 »

Ended up ordering a Sargent backrest based on their reputation for making a quality product. Was very disappointed to see that there was a "two to three week" ship date on these parts. My credit card finally got charged but no shipping info so emailed customer support and was further bummed to learn that the back rests are back ordered and there might be an addition 1-2 week wait.

Just venting. While Amazon Prime has ruined us with their two-day shipping, a 4-5 week delay in shipping in today's day and age of online shopping is just a bad business plan. Was considering a seat from them but now much less likely.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Sargent EM-5 backrest - 4-5 week wait?!?

Post by richardbd »

By the time the backrest comes in 4-5 weeks, you'll realise you didn't need it in the first place!

:alas:
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Even Amazon can only ship if they have it in stock. I should think Sargent don't sell enough to have stock lying around, so until they get the stock, guess they can't ship.
Methos1979

Post by Methos1979 »

It's not for me, it's for the wife. Trust me, she needs it. She's literally hanging on for dear life!

It's purely a function of it being in the middle of the busiest part of the riding season. More just an annoyance of not making sure you have enough stock to keep your customers happy.
Methos1979

Post by Methos1979 »

richardbd wrote: By the time the backrest comes in 4-5 weeks, you'll realise you didn't need it in the first place!

Well, Richard, you were right! But only sort of.

Ended up getting a soft top case from Amazon that gives the wife all the back stop she feels she needs. So it was fortunate that they were back ordered as I was able to cancel and save myself a huge chunk of money!
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Methos1979 wrote:
Well, Richard, you were right! But only sort of.

Ended up getting a soft top case from Amazon that gives the wife all the back stop she feels she needs. So it was fortunate that they were back ordered as I was able to cancel and save myself a huge chunk of money!

and the bike will look better too!

8)
Methos1979

Post by Methos1979 »

Funny end to this story - after all was said and done and I was able to cancel the order and get a refund, guess what showed up on my doorstep over the weekend anyway?!? Yep! A brand new Sargent back rest!!

Right hand, meet left hand...

Fortunately, I'm an honest guy so let them know and they'll send FedEx along to pick it up.