Eyup

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
lobdeggydog

Eyup

Post by lobdeggydog »

Just dropping in to say hello.

My old man, at the age of 82 decided to hang up his boots and gave me his '06 R1200RT. That is until he saw my 650 Vstrom. It was love at first sight so now he's getting a loan of the strom while I bring the RT home.

Not sure how I'm going to filter through traffic with those suitcases strapped on but looking forward to giving it a go. I'm picking it up next Friday. Anything I need to know before then?

Cheers.
guest2360

Re: Eyup

Post by guest2360 »

Make sure he explains the brakes to you.  If the mirrors go through so will the pannier.  And welcome.
JonA

Post by JonA »

You will have a great ride - filtering with panniers on isn't a problem, until you get into central London - then things get a bit tight :)
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

Welcome aboard :)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Na then
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Ba gumm...
lobdeggydog

Post by lobdeggydog »

Brought the bike home today, about 130 miles so got a decent feel for it. @RTman10, see what you mean about the brakes, keen eh? Deliberately rode through Northallerton and Darlo to see what it's like in town and got caught out by the brakes a couple of times, managing to come to an abrupt stop a couple of yards short of the stop line.
Really enjoyed it out on the open road though. Just didn't realise how fast I was going as it's much quieter than my Vstrom. Effortless too. Not sure I'm going to use it for commuting but looking forward to doing some big trips on it.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You will soon get used to the brakes.  Get on anything else you'll think they haven't got any. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

lobdeggydog wrote:Deliberately rode through Northallerton and Darlo.
Looks like you may not be far away, I'm in Ingleby Barwick near Stockton-On-Tees.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

lobdeggydog wrote:Brought the bike home today, about 130 miles so got a decent feel for it.
How did the bike fair on this ride home.