USB folders?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
PatriotBMW

USB folders?

Post by PatriotBMW »

im sorting out my RT and getting things setup to use it for my Washington DC commute.  I understand that the usb music has to be in folders named bmw1, bmw2, etc...  What folder names must the playlists have?  I can't seem to figure this out.  Tia,
Rob
2014 R1200RT
guest2360

Re: USB folders?

Post by guest2360 »

No.  Just load your music in MP3 format.  If you have a bike with an audio unit you cannot use a Nav V for music.  The easiest method in that case is just load it to a USB stick plug it in and let the bike do the rest.
PatriotBMW

Post by PatriotBMW »

I don't use the Nav. I want my playlists on my usb music. How do I do that?
2014 R1200RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

What has your bike got and what comms do you use.
PatriotBMW

Post by PatriotBMW »

Standard BMW audio system on a '14 RT, I guess I can use the folders as playlists....but I thought you could somehow label them so you wouldn't have to remember what folder number (i.e. Bmw1) equals which list.
2014 R1200RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Sorry. You've lost me.  Just plug it in the üsb slot nd play with the wheel.  It's all very straight forward. 
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

PatriotBMW wrote: Standard BMW audio system on a '14 RT, I guess I can use the folders as playlists....but I thought you could somehow label them so you wouldn't have to remember what folder number (i.e. Bmw1) equals which list.

You can.

I just converted all my apple playlists to MP3 and copied the lot onto a USB.

It shows playlist and track title.  Simples...