No interest in my 2015 RT for sale

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2826

No interest in my 2015 RT for sale

Post by guest2826 »

I'm a bit surprised at there being no interest here whatsoever so far in my very low mileage 2015 RTLC that I put in classified for sale ten days ago at what I thought was a very attractive price of £12,000, given it's loaded with almost every option, is as new and cost over £17,000 when I bought it new about a year ago. There's not been a single response.

Doesn't say much for the resale value or demand for these these bikes, despite their great qualities. I haven't tried though to sell it anywhere else, thought this forum would be ideal.

Looks like I may have to keep her, which aint really no bad thing I guess.

It's just that I'm too knackered physically to be able to make those long tours any more, for which I bought the bike without realising how unsuited I now am for that, something I used to enjoy so much, so am using it for shortish day trips of only 100m or so and it's far too much bike just for that so I ended up hardly using it. Anyway, I'll continue with the RT if I can't sell her, I'm not going to let her go for a silly price.

If anyone is interested it's still for sale, full details in classifieds.
Last edited by guest2826 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ds99

Re: No interest in my 2015 RT for sale

Post by ds99 »

hardly anyone will look at the classified section of this forum

the best two places to sell are ebay and biketrader websites

if you put it on ebay classifieds (cost - £15) for £11,999 ono with some decent photos and an honest description i am sure it will sell
Last edited by ds99 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

i think people are very reluctant to pay over £5,000 for a bike from a private seller.

when people are spending large amounts they want the security and warranty that a dealer offers, and the ability to test ride the bike, plus they might want the a finance deal

in my experience, you have to offer a bike for sale at a price that is well below a dealer price ,in order to attract buyers

see here for a dealer price for a 2015 low miles model

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1200RT-2 ... 1933192777
Last edited by ds99 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

I agree with some of what ds99 says, I would look at similar bikes on Ebay & Trader to get an idea of prices. I however buy most of my bikes privately as I don't like paying over the odds and lining dealers pockets. If I was in the market I'd buy yours :(
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

ds99 wrote: hardly anyone will look at the classified section of this forum

I've made hundreds of posts on here and I didn't even know there was a classified section!!
ds99

Post by ds99 »

I've made hundreds of posts on here and I didn't even know there was a classified section!!

I've only just found it too, its not under the forum section, hence people maybe don't see it?

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Sold my Harley on Auto trader, sold in 2 days. Bought my RT from Autotrader from a private seller, drove 200 miles to get it. I paid 12.5k for a 2014 LE fully loaded, audio, with top box and aux lights, plus pannier and top box inner bags. Bike had done 2k and was still under warranty, as yours is. Yours is a good price, the chap I bought mine from had two others interested, but they had to sell their own bikes, I didn't so was able to purchase it. If yours is near to a dealer price, most will buy from a dealer.
Noel

Post by Noel »

I sold the prior bike a '13 F800GT at the local dealer on consignment.  Turned out decent for all concerned and that was minus 10% consignment fee, and no fuss for me the seller.

Cheers
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

richardbd wrote:
I have to say I couldn't see it even though it was there in front of me, given nobody seems to know of it's existence and therefore never see's it I personally think it should be included within the main forum area if we're to make good use of it?

I come on here and use the show unread new posts only feature, so I'm afraid if it's not included in that I don't see it  ;)
Last edited by guest3074 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

hardly anyone seems to use the classifieds section on this forum
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Benchmark wrote:
I come on here and use the show unread new posts only feature, so I'm afraid if it's not included in that I don't see it  ;)

Maybe that's something Steinar could fix?
iRider

Post by iRider »

There's a classified section ??? Who knew..
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As this forum has been going for over 2 years and this is the first time this particular subject has come up there doesn't appear to be much desire to turn this into an auction site. Somebody going to tell us where where it's hiding please.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

Right of centre, about a third of way down page when on Forum screen.
guest2826

Post by guest2826 »

Thanks for the comments. Yes, the lack of visibility of the classifieds is definitely a problem for anyone using them. As has been said, it doesn't come up in the "show unread posts since last visit" link, which is where I always go first. Don't know why it doesn't, seems to be an omission because I see no reason why classifieds shouldn't appear in the list from that link.

As suggested maybe I'll try elsewhere. I'm not really desperate to sell, it's just that I'm not making full use of such a highly equipped touring bike for the reasons in my ad. Done a few more good rides in the recent good weather but still only short day trips though and I don't need an RT for that sort of use.
Last edited by guest2826 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.