New guy from Maine, USA

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Subman

New guy from Maine, USA

Post by Subman »

Been lurking a while and thought I'd do an introduction.  Traded in my R1200R (terrific bike) for a '16 RT a short while ago.  We have lots of days here where the sky and roads are clear, but the temps are cold...so looked forward to a bit more weather protection from the RT.  Brilliant bike so far, have mine in Ebony.  Just getting to 1000 mile mark, first service done...enjoying a great bike.  Looking forward to being part of the forum!
falconmick

Re: New guy from Maine, USA

Post by falconmick »

Welcome to the forum :)
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Welcome Subman
Noel

Post by Noel »

Subman wrote: Been lurking a while and thought I'd do an introduction.  Traded in my R1200R (terrific bike) for a '16 RT a short while ago.  We have lots of days here where the sky and roads are clear, but the temps are cold...so looked forward to a bit more weather protection from the RT.  Brilliant bike so far, have mine in Ebony.  Just getting to 1000 mile mark, first service done...enjoying a great bike.  Looking forward to being part of the forum!

Rode by your neck 'o the woods back in mid June on a '16 RT--the bike was flawless on west to east coast and back loop we took over 9,163 miles in 24 days.  I found the bike absolutely fabulous on all of the canyon and mountain roads we took all over hell and gone, as well as on sections of interstate we found ourselves in thru the Plains states and so forth.  I can't imagine a better all purpose bike at home on any pavement, the odd shallow creek bed, and gravel too.  Enjoy the bike it's 100% marvelous.  Nice to get back home and lose the 70lbs of loaded luggage--feels and acts like a sport bike now ;o)
paulgelineau

Post by paulgelineau »

Have a 2015 R1200RT and love it!  Have had two previous BM's and really enjoyed them too.  Subman, as is a fellow Submariner?
Retired from SQ 17, Bangor, WA.
Cheers,
Paul G.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

paulgelineau wrote:   Subman, as is a fellow Submariner?

Nah - he used to work in a sandwich shop...

:alas: :alas:
Subman

Post by Subman »

Hey Paul - yup, 30 years worth.  First boat was SS-574...last SSN-770.
Methos1979

Post by Methos1979 »

Subman wrote: Hey Paul - yup, 30 years worth.  First boat was SS-574...last SSN-770.

Hellow Subman from yet another former submariner and one possibly local to you depending on where you are in that big state! SSN-614 from '82-'88. I'm in the Seacoast, NH but I ride the beautiful back roads of Maine quite a bit as of late. Generally roads like 11, 202, 4, 5, 111, 109, 35, 9 and such. Let me know if you're local to any of those. Sounds like we have the same bike, color and all!