RT touring screen

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Boroboystu

RT touring screen

Post by Boroboystu »

Anyone know if you can get a taller screen for the new RT ? And the cost?
I won't get
My new bike until early May next year but I am quite tall at nearly 6ft 5
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: RT touring screen

Post by Casbar »

Several options, but this one seems to be top of the tree, loads of reviews on youtube etc. Only problem is, US shipping and tax, as there isn't a UK distributor. https://www.werksparts.com/quiet-ride-w ... --bmw.html
fredkeuben

Post by fredkeuben »

I have a CeeBaily screen mounted on my R1200Rt.  Very satisfied. They have a dealer in the UK.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

It does cost a lot to ship to the UK. A WERKS Quiet Ride 28" clear would be about $325 US shipped. Plus any import taxes. Worth it.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

realshelby wrote: It does cost a lot to ship to the UK. A WERKS Quiet Ride 28" clear would be about $325 US shipped. Plus any import taxes. Worth it.

Email and ask, I was quoted 285 US shipped a couple of months ago, plus any customs and VAT
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

At 6'1" I have the WERKS standard 24" I would think the 28 would be the ideal one for your height
Big + for Werks screens they direct water away from you, while the stock screen drenches you
Jim
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

The company that makes Werks Windshields is called
7jurock
Webb site is 7jurock.com
This is a Southern California company that makes windshields for a variety of bikes
1200Rt price $190 for 24" and 210 for 26" I do not see a 28 on their web site
They just made a replacement shield for my wife's C650gt

Jim
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I went to both them and Werks and although there was a slight difference in price, when it got to international shipping Werks seemed to offer the best all in price. But if you want to buy, check both for shipped prices, import duty and VAT will be the same, although obviously calculated on the shipped price.
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

WERKS pricing includes USA shipping. Most other companies do not include shipping in website prices. The shipped price is what matters.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

realshelby wrote: WERKS pricing includes USA shipping. Most other companies do not include shipping in website prices. The shipped price is what matters.

If your in the US, then Werks is a good price, if in the UK, then US shipping is of no consequence. Its the price of the screen + shipping that matters, try both companies.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

anything coming from the USA will attract 20% import tax.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

ds99 wrote: anything coming from the USA will attract 20% import tax.

Import tax varies, have paid between 5% and 20% depending on item, but you will also be charged VAT as well, so if you budget for 40% on the whole price including shipping you won't be far off the mark.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Just found a import calculator that thinks motorcycle windscreen import duty is 3.7% plus VAT at 20%, plus any handling charges, all calculated on price of item and shipping costs. You best check with customs.
bushbikie

Post by bushbikie »

Can I make a suggestion? Before shelling out for a new screen wait until you get your bike and have had a chance to ride it for a while to see whether you want/need a larger screen. I'm 6'5" myself and I hardly ever raise the standard screen - I abhor the sense of riding in a what feels like a vacumn - it just doesn't feel "right" - I much prefer riding with the screen in it's home position and getting blasted by the wind, and yes the rain, across my upper chest. If I want to be out of the wind I'll drive my cage!  ;)

And if you're stuck in traffic and it's hissing down rain then no screen in the world, save for a bubble, is gunna keep you dry.  Maybe think about getting a set of wet weather gear - that can range from cheap plastic outers all the way up to the expensive Klims & BMW wet weather gear, and a bucket load of stuff in between. 

Oh, and congrats on your purchase - they are a brilliant bike! Enjoy the ride!
2016 San Marino Blue