RT touring screen

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
realshelby

Re: RT touring screen

Post by realshelby »

Casbar wrote:
Especially as you sell Werks windshields. I think to say its bad is a bit of leap. For 1000's the windshield is absolutely fine. I would consider another, but its not high on the list, especially with the cost in the UK  8)

I don't see where I say the Wethead RT windshield is bad?  Looking back at what I wrote I see " you will think the RT windshield to be quite good".
What I mean is that if you have been riding an F800 GT, R 1200 RS or something like that you WILL think the stock RT package great. But don't mistake that for what it can be with a proper aftermarket screen.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

realshelby wrote:
I don't see where I say the Wethead RT windshield is bad?  Looking back at what I wrote I see " you will think the RT windshield to be quite good".
What I mean is that if you have been riding an F800 GT, R 1200 RS or something like that you WILL think the stock RT package great. But don't mistake that for what it can be with a proper aftermarket screen.

Like I said I ride in all weathers and think I would like to try another screen, and Werks would be my choice, but I will wait for the exchange rate to improve as by the time it is shipped and then the good old government take their bit, its an expensive piece of plastic  8)
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

So bit the bullet and orders a Werks screen from Terry. It arrived with 2 weeks, got charged an extra £38 for handling and the dreaded VAT. Had my first ride wth it yesterday, first impressions, its a lot quieter and doesn't need to be up much to do its job. Going out again later and its slowly today, so will see how it performs. Well made and very good quality.