RT v GS

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Boroboystu

Re: RT v GS

Post by Boroboystu »

Kevin from Barrie robsons showed me the new price for 2017 , the RT had come down about £250
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Did he really.  Must be the effect of Brexit.  Just wait till January.
RTBoy

Post by RTBoy »

RTman10 wrote: Did he really.  Must be the effect of Brexit.  Just wait till January.
Is that just a thought....or do BMW put their prices up in January? Do you work for them?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I did for about 9 years and prices always seemed to change in the new year.  I am not aware of any changes this year but with the £ being what it is I can't see a German firm missing the opportunity to join Marmite. Could be wrong of course but if I was in the buying market now I wouldn't wait until 1 March just for a 17 plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Boroboystu

Post by Boroboystu »

I think the depreciation should. Be more
Than the cost increase anyway 66/17 ?
Larsn

Post by Larsn »

I have one knee replaced and the other arthritic, also a 32" inseam.  I did not fit the RT.  It was really painful to ride.  After dropping the pegs, (Suburban Machinery),getting a high seat, raising the bars and attaching "Highway pegs" (both from Ilium) to the Wunderlich bars, I now fit perfectly and love the machine!  Did 1200 miles in 2 days and loved every minute.[/size]
Boroboystu

Post by Boroboystu »

Thanks for your input mate , I won't me going to so much trouble of lowering pegs etc , if the RT isn't right for me on the day I will buy the GSA to be honest it's looking like the Adventure, but I would like to try the RT first and there is no rush , winter is just about upon us , I will happily wait until the 17 reg comes out before I purchase anyway
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Boroboystu wrote: Thanks for your input mate , I won't me going to so much trouble of lowering pegs etc , if the RT isn't right for me on the day I will buy the GSA to be honest it's looking like the Adventure, but I would like to try the RT first and there is no rush , winter is just about upon us , I will happily wait until the 17 reg comes out before I purchase anyway
If you test ride both and are looking mainly for a comfortable ride you're probably going to opt for the GSA.  Lots of people have and most like them (or love them). 
I've ridden both 2016 models and my initial impression of the GSA was very favourable in terms of initial comfort.  However, having done many miles on earlier RTs, I like the slightly lower height, the slightly less top heavy feel, the better weather protection and the easily adjustable screen.
Good luck with whatever you choose, you won't go far wrong with either.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the new 2022 RT in Triple Black. Now you can have a matched pair and have the better bike too.

2022 BMW R 1250 RT Triple Black | BMW Motorcycles of Richfield (bmwmotorcyclesrichfield.com)
Last edited by David. on Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.