Suggestions for gloves

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Suggestions for gloves

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote:
stayingupright wrote: Yes, I think that no gloves is not something I want to try.
Looking for a summer pair currently.
Might look for a pair with gore tex.
Would like to have a pair for a few years so willing to pay a bit extra
First choice to go with your Iconic, BMW Pro Summer . They are Gortex

Just look at all the suggestions and read the reviews, BMW kit is good, but not always the best, regardless of what the style queens think.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Nothing stylish about the Pro Summer glove.  Just good quality, 2 year warranty and if you have just spent £20K+ on an Iconic you don't really have a choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

The Pro Summers look exactly like what I am after ... And not a bad price either.

Should not be too many questions left now as I have been buying a lot of kit this week. Got a new CF helmet, boots (thanks to recommendations on here), Nav 5 & Sena 20s.
My new motto is "you only live once"
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

CF helmet?  Does your Sena connect to both BT interfaces in the audio unit or do you ride solo.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

RTman10 wrote: CF helmet? Does your Sena connect to both BT interfaces in the audio unit or do you ride solo.
CF = Carbon fibre
To be honest, I did not want the radio but the bike came with it. I was going to listen to most of my music from the micro sd card in the Nav 5 (unless someone convinces me otherwise)
This is going to be a sharp learning curve I guess.
Last edited by stayingupright on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

stayingupright wrote: CF = Carbon fibre
To be honest, I did not want the radio but the bike came with it. I was going to listen to most of my music from the micro sd card in the Nav 5 (unless someone convinces me otherwise)
This is going to be a sharp learning curve I guess.

Have you not got any kit then? Are you coming back to biking or just changing all your gear
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

No convincing necessary on your music choice.  The audio unit blocks the Nav V music so I'm afraid that's a non  starter.  The other slight annoyance  is that you have to connect the unit to both helmets to get everything to both of them.  BUT only the BMW headsets will do this.  When you try to pair your Sena to the second helmet it will tell you Not Possible.  There is a BT kit out there that allows everything received by one unit to pass to the other.  Someone here will know which one.  The only other option is hard wire which is the choice if many including me.  Theres all the details on this forum. 
While your in the soending mood think hard about crash/drop protection with that oaint. 
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Casbar wrote: Have you not got any kit then? Are you coming back to biking or just changing all your gear
Mid life crisis and a lack of hobbies 3 years ago led me to take my bike test and buy the 800GS. I then had a test ride on the RT this year during its yearly service.
I do have most of the gear I need but wanted better for this bike.
I am in a very lucky position in that I can afford a few bits for now and hopefully will not need to get anything for a while.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

RTman10 wrote: While your in the soending mood think hard about crash/drop protection with that oaint.
One of the next jobs on my list. Dealers seemed unsure of what I was on about.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

My choice would be.
OEM Cylinder protectors and the OEM rubber pannier protectors.  Both will stop the paintwork touching in  drop but won't ruin the look of the bike.  If you go to the BMW website and pull up the RT under Accessories there is a picture of the cylinder protectors but not the pannier kit.  They are quite substantial though.  Your other option is to cover the bike in after market scaffolding.  That could be considered a criminal offence though.  Can't believe your salesman didn't know what you were on about. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

stayingupright wrote: Mid life crisis and a lack of hobbies 3 years ago led me to take my bike test and buy the 800GS. I then had a test ride on the RT this year during its yearly service.
I do have most of the gear I need but wanted better for this bike.
I am in a very lucky position in that I can afford a few bits for now and hopefully will not need to get anything for a while.

Well you have certainly bought a cracker  8)  You haven't bought it from Barnstormer have you, its just they have an iconic that has a sold sign on it
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Casbar wrote: Well you have certainly bought a cracker 8) You haven't bought it from Barnstormer have you, its just they have an iconic that has a sold sign on it
Got it from Vines. They had an allocation of 5 apparently. There was still one left after mine if anyone wants it.

Been told that mine is number 99.

Counting down the days until I get it on the 19th. Delay is down to having a brake light fitted in the top case and protective film applied to the panniers and top case
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Top case light takes 10 minutes to fit on a bad day.  Can understand the protective film on the pannier lids but the top box? 
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

They had one out the back that had a few chips of paint missing from the top box either from bad storage or carelessness.

I decided that I might as well get mine done at the same time as the panniers after seeing that.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Very possibly damaged in transit or before it was boxed up as they come separately.  But with that paint, why not. The only marks on my ballistic grey after 9k is a stone chip on the front mudguard.