New RT owner - first post

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
mitcher16

New RT owner - first post

Post by mitcher16 »

Hi all,
I would like to say Hi and am very excited to be part of the 'club' as I just purchased a new 2015 RT San Marino Blue/Grey from a dealer. I have always been a Triumph fan and still am however I wanted a bike that was more comfortable touring around as well as some exceptional performance to go with that comfort. I was looking at the Triumph Trophy and managed to get a sweet deal from a dealer but I just couldn't stop thinking about the RT. It has everything I want and am super excited to get it tomorrow or the next day. After reading these posts and watching many reviews I am confident I made the right decision! I took my Triumph to California in June from Calgary, Alberta and since then I am hooked on touring the countryside on 2 wheels. The RT will be the perfect companion I am sure.
Below is a link of the video I made of my trip if interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfc_pMYjgsg
Anyways, looking forward to contributing to this forum and to keep learning more from all of you.
Cheers.
Gman1969

Re: New RT owner - first post

Post by Gman1969 »

Welcome on board from an ex triumph man myself :)
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

Welcome, if you go to your profile you can show your country, it sometimes helps when other members are offering advice.
mitcher16

Post by mitcher16 »

thx, profile updated!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Welcome.  Falconmick is right, stops us Brits sending you to see dealers in Yorkshire. But everybody has twigged your over the pond and some.  That sounds like a giant tour on a T100. 
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Mitchner16
You do realize you have started a addiction, it's called RT syndrome, it's a costly one!!
The inmates on this forum will be a great help in feeding your new problem
You got a great bike and welcome to the forum

Jim
Jim