New member.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
GuzziRick

New member.

Post by GuzziRick »

Hi all
Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum, been on it for a couple of months and learnt a lot already. I apologise in advance if I ask anything that has been asked so many times before!! I'm going over past posts so I'll hopefully keep clear of some of them.
I'm completely new to the world of BMW motorcycles, although I've been riding since I was 16 (37 years!). First bike a purple P reg FS1E since then had lots, mostly Japanese sports bikes Honda 250N Super dream (not a sports bike) RD250/350 & 500, GSXR 750 & 1000 X 2, Yamaha R1. I then moved into a completely different world of motorcycling and bought a 1993 Moto Guzzi California of a mate, I realised you could be comfortable on a bike for more than an hour!  Had the Guzzi until Oct last year when it had to go as a result of a Porsche taking me out and running over the bike the engine was ok but the rest of the bike was totalled  😰. I took the winter off due to injury then had to get back to comfortable biking.
I wanted to go touring so after a bit of research the R1200RT seemed the obvious choice. In March I found a great condition 2010 Thunder Grey RT in Vines and after ai bit of haggling road out, not looked back since, a great bike that still surprises me just how well it handles, and how quick it can go through the twisties the R1 hasn't left the garage this summer. I've done just under 6000 miles since March and it's going for a service soon. Been camping by bike for the first time and carried so much stuff with ease. Looking forward to a bit of winter riding when the new experiance of heated grips and seat will be a luxury I've never experienced! Thanks for a great forum and sorry I've waffled on a bit.
falconmick

Re: New member.

Post by falconmick »

Welcome aboard mate
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Welcome.  You are obviously impressed with the RT.  Whatever you do don't try the LC.
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Welcome to the forum.

I'm looking forward to camping with my RT - SO much room for camping luxury items!
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

About the same age and also just bought an RT from Vines ... Freaky!

I will keep my eye out for a 2010 Thunder Grey RT
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

stayingupright wrote: About the same age and also just bought an RT from Vines ... Freaky!
I will keep my eye out for a 2010 Thunder Grey RT

I don't think I'll miss yours !! Saw an Iconic at Silverstone last weekend!!! Just as well they've all gone or I might need to remortgage to get one! I'm happy with the 2010 at the moment, keeping away from the LC it looks like one ride and your hooked!!!
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

GuzziRick wrote: Just as well they've all gone or I might need to remortgage to get one! I'm happy with the 2010 at the moment, keeping away from the LC it looks like one ride and your hooked!!!

Don't go back to Vines anytime soon then!

They still had one more left as of last week ..
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

Looks like I'll have to cancel my service or get them to pick it up!!!