After market Horns

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Banzib

After market Horns

Post by Banzib »

I have a 2016 RT and would like to install a much louder horn. Has anyone installed a good loud horn yet and how hard was installation? did you install in stock location?
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Re: After market Horns

Post by Sullivj »

I fitted a Stebel Naulitus to my CB500, and will do the same to my newly acquired RT. Details of the CB500 fit ment are here:

http://www.cb500club.net/t2248-fitting- ... cb500-pics
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

I too fitted a Nautilus horn using the recommended wiring kit which includes a relay.  Instructions fairly easy to follow. Tricky part is getting sufficient access to remove the old horn and fitting new bracket. The Nautilus is very much louder. I feel safer knowing that if I have to use the horn other road users will definitely hear me!!
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

I fitted a Nautilus and very pleased with it.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I fitted the low tone horn off a 5 series BMW, cost me £30 I think. Direct swap, plugs straight into the existing contacts and uses the same mounting points. Quite loud, much better than stock.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Denali sound bomb with twisted throttle BMW adapter
100% improvement
Jim
Banzib

Post by Banzib »

Thanks for the replies everyone! Casbar, does it matter what year 5 series is? I have read a lot of negative reviews on the of the Nautilus, mainly that it doesn't work at all or quits shortly after installing. Webbike world did a review of it also with negative report. I'm leaning toward the 5 series idea or the sound bomb. Thanks again for the ideas.
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

One issue with the Nautilus, is that you need to install it with no more than a 15 degree angle off vertical. I wonder how many people don't properly achieve this

I've been running mine for a number of years in all weathers, and never had a problem with it.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Banzib wrote: Thanks for the replies everyone! Casbar, does it matter what year 5 series is? I have read a lot of negative reviews on the of the Nautilus, mainly that it doesn't work at all or quits shortly after installing. Webbike world did a review of it also with negative report. I'm leaning toward the 5 series idea or the sound bomb. Thanks again for the ideas.

Yes it does, let me get the details for you, will be back later
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Here you go, bought mine from a local dealer, but there are ones on eBay.

[size=14px]E39 5 [/size][size=14px]Series[/size][size=14px] low tone[/size][size=14px][size=14px]Part# 61-33-8-381-271 Horn Low Pitch[/size]
[size=14px]
[/size]
[size=14px]Here is the threat about it - [/size]
[size=14px]
[/size]
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt-series/1 ... horns.html