Well, nuts - Schuberth and Sena link up

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Well, nuts - Schuberth and Sena link up

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: They are made in the same factory but it's a misconception that BMW helmets are copies.  If anything it's the other way round and this C4 proves it as it has the features  of the EVO which  has now been out about 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Believe what you want, but I would bet if they are made in the same factory, then Schuberth design them and use BMW as beta testers  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Yeh right.
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

Wiki says they produce the System 6 for BMW and they are never wrong. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuberth
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That is correct they do but  no part of a BMW helmet is compatible with a Schubert.  Separate components and production line and specification.
Last edited by guest2360 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: That is correct they do but  no part of a BMW helmet is compatible with a Schubert.  Separate components and production line and specification.

Who said anything about them using the same components. All that was said, was the helmet is designed and made by Schuberth. Components between Schuberth own branded helmets are not always compatible, different model different components. So its a Schuberth designed and built, therefore its a Schuberth. So components designed for a BMW helmet and deemed to work, can make it into later updated Schuberth own branded helmets. BMW are not in the helmet and clothing manufacturing, they get stuff produced elsewhere and then brand it, probably like most motorcycle manufacturers.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

In the same way they don't manufacture brakes most electronic components panniers lights etc but you cannot find the same items with any other badge on.  Clothing especially is designed exclusively for them to their specifications.  And it's the same with all their helmets. 

Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: In the same way they don't manufacture brakes most electronic components panniers lights etc but you cannot find the same items with any other badge on.  Clothing especially is designed exclusively for them to their specifications.  And it's the same with all their helmets. 

Whatever, not going to argue with the BMW Oracle. But just read this, so apart from jackets  8)  [size=3px]BMW Motorrad Street Air by Alpinestars[/size]
Last edited by Casbar on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

This is new for BMW and only released this month.  I know of no other clothing item tied directly into another manufacturers item.  Can't see it being a big seller as it's obviously heavy and could use up all your pocket money.  I spent over 7 years buying BMW clothing in bulk one year in advance,  calculating what and what not would sell.  I think I would have got 1  of these in out of curiosity.
Last edited by guest2360 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: They are made in the same factory but it's a misconception that BMW helmets are copies.  If anything it's the other way round and this C4 proves it as it has the features  of the EVO which  has now been out about 3 years.

Correct - and now there's the System 7 to make sure BMW stay ahead...
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

System 7?

JayCee

Post by JayCee »

System 7 carbon. It's on the BMW mottorad website.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Found it.  Wonder how long it will be until they make a non-carbon version. They have in the past made 2 carbon helmet.  The Sport was a full faced fully carbon but cost just under £1000,  There was a System 4 Elite but the flip up part was not carbon, still costs over £500 10 years ago.  I will make enquiries.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

System 7.  Not yet released but will cost on the £700 region.  And BMW helmets are no longer produced in the Schuberth factory.  Now produced in a separate facility by AGV.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: System 7.  Not yet released but will cost on the £700 region.  And BMW helmets are no longer produced in the Schuberth factory.  Now produced in a separate facility by AGV.

So they are an AGV now! The point is, it doesn't really matter who makes the helmet, but it is not made by BMW, they out source. Is the System 7 a flip as it looks like you remove the chin bar, so is an open helmet or a full face.
Last edited by Casbar on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

richardbd wrote:
Correct - and now there's the System 7 to make sure BMW stay ahead...

Stay ahead of what? BMW make a good product, but if anyone thinks they are ahead of anything or the leader, in things such as helmet design, or clothing is madness. There are as good and superior products from other manufacturers.