Motorcycle Jeans

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest3954

Motorcycle Jeans

Post by guest3954 »

Too hot riding in Spain in my leathers and this time vented textiles. Looking at Motorcycle Jeans, Kevlar Lined. I want some that are comfortable to walk around in for a while when I get off the bike. Bullit and Roadskin seem to be good brands. Any tried and tested advice?
mitcher16

Re: Motorcycle Jeans

Post by mitcher16 »

Hi there,
I was in the same boat when travelling in the summer to California.
The thing with Kevlar lined jeans is they all fit different. I tried on probably 10 pairs and some I couldn't even get over my thighs, very strange fitting depending on the company.
I did find a pair that fit like regular jeans and are fully lined from top to bottom yet quite cool. What I liked about the ones I purchased is they come with hip and knee armor. I keep the knee armor in as it gives the extra protection yet they are still very comfortable. They look like regular jeans and actually are my favorite pair of jeans that I own.
I purchased a pair of Resurgence Jeans and the model was ultra-lite.
http://www.resurgencegear.net/
My brother purchased a pair of Scorpion Convert Pro and he loves them and they fit normal as well. They do not have amour though.
http://scorpionusa.com/collections/cove ... t-pro.html
My suggestion would be try on if you can in person, and if you cant make sure you can return online due to the fact that the fit is all over the place.
Good luck!
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

I can recommend Draggin Jeans. Comfy and very durable when it matters !! Not the cheapest, but it's another case of 'you get what you pay for'. I want the reassurance that my backside and kneecaps (+ thighs) are suitably protected!
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

The latest and greatest of Jeans at the moment are the Revolution Jeans made by Rokker. My mates have these and sing their praises. Expensive but I'm saving for a pair for next summer.

http://www.motolegends.com/rokker-revolution-jean.html

100% waterproof and according to three of my mates this claim works with the bonus that the material dries out very quickly. These jeans are like no other I have seen. However what is really amazing is that they are so light weight.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

My wife has some from here;

https://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/

Very good fit 8) , well made & great price! :)

Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

i got a pair of these

http://www.mandsmotorcycles.co.uk/shop/route-one-blake-stretch-denim-kevlar-jeans-black

they are really good for hot weather on the RT. a lot of the jeans i looked at would not have been too thick/hot.

these are made of a sort of "stretchy" demin material. and they have armour in the knees only, but i think you can add armour to the hip areas yourself.

and they look ok to wear around off the bike
Last edited by ds99 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Levisp wrote: The latest and greatest of Jeans at the moment are the Revolution Jeans made by Rokker. My mates have these and sing their praises. Expensive but I'm saving for a pair for next summer.

100% waterproof and according to three of my mates this claim works with the bonus that the material dries out very quickly. These jeans are like no other I have seen. However what is really amazing is that they are so light weight.

How much!!! 😖
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Looking at the link photo ... Are these specifically designed for bow legged people? ;-)
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
RaistlinRTCW

Post by RaistlinRTCW »

Do find that Hood Jeans , Roadskin and Draggin get good reviews the problem with some is they only go up to a 38-40 in waist which is no good for those of us that are a little wider and short legged to boot :-)
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RaistlinRTCW wrote: Do find that Hood Jeans , Roadskin and Draggin get good reviews the problem with some is they only go up to a 38-40 in waist which is no good for those of us that are a little wider and short legged to boot :-)

Go on a diet then  8)
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

My BMW dealer sells bull-it jeans.  I bought a pair and love them, very water-proof and are padded for protection.  I think I paid about $179.

http://www.bull-it.com/
BMW MOA #210438
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

Motorbike Motorcycle Work Cargo Trousers Jeans Pants With Protective Lining
Lining Provide Protection Against Abrasion, Heat & Cut
newfacelook ( 26051Teal shooting star icon for feedback score in between 25,000 to 49,999) 

I bought these on eBay and have to say they are well made and kevlar where it matters.

My thinking was simple, but probably has holes in it.  If i come off them I,m more worried about hitting or being hit by something than abrasion.  If i come off it,s probably a low speed tumble so i won't be skidding far, but still more worried about hitting or being hit.
If i,m going for it.... then leathers anyway.  These are good fit not to heavy or hot and kevlar in the butt and down the thigh.  also have knee and thigh protectors and are comfy.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

All the jeans mentioned so far are like my Hoods Jeans in that they are a pair of denim jeans with a protective drop liner inside. The degree of protection varies depending on how much you pay. The Bull-it-Jeans claim that they are waterproof in a light shower for a short time, so not what I call waterproof. So they are all much the same and none are fully waterproof.

The Rokker Jeans are completely different. First they look like ordinary pair of jeans but in fact are not made of denim. The materials used in their construction are laminated into one light weight, breathable, protective and 100% waterproof motorcycle trouser. The zip is waterproof and all the seams are taped. They are really a motorcycle trouser that looks like jeans. Thats what makes them unique. Agree they cost a heck of a lot and at the moment I do not own a pair, but would like too.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

Levisp wrote: The latest and greatest of Jeans at the moment are the Revolution Jeans made by Rokker. My mates have these and sing their praises. Expensive but I'm saving for a pair for next summer.

These look superb. £350 is expensive. 50/50 at the moment.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Mike wrote:
These look superb. £350 is expensive. 50/50 at the moment.

one leg at a time?