tc or lc

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Hodge

tc or lc

Post by Hodge »

I am returning the 2008 rt to the garage tomorrow to fix an oil seepage from the fd after having had the crown wheel bearing replaced by the dealer.

Having a little crisis of confidence and looking at a newer tc or LC.  I have ridden an lc on loan previously when repair work done and yes it,s quicker and nimble etc but i thought it had lost a little of the older twins soul.

Is the TC better than the 2008  model and what would you chose and why.

What are the differences from the 2008 to the tc version

PS laughed my willy off when i found out top boxes are all same colour and you have to get them matched....really in 2016!!!

PPS is there a glass,s guide or equiv for used prices  on these as i,m looking at upgrade with a warranty

Last edited by Hodge on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Re: tc or lc

Post by DaveCly »

Don't know about the 2008 model, but my 2013 TC was a dream after the first month of ownership, and that was just me getting used to it!
I've done just over 1600 miles on the LC (iconic) yes it's smoother, yes it's a little more comfortable, yes the dash is nicer, but the jury's still out IMO, MrsCly reckons the top box sits a little lower in her back, footrests aren't as big!
If anybody is on the market for a 63 plate TC mines for sale at Williams Manchester, and it's a belter 👍
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

DaveCly wrote: Don't know about the 2008 model, but my 2013 TC was a dream after the first month of ownership, and that was just me getting used to it!
I've done just over 1600 miles on the LC (iconic) yes it's smoother, yes it's a little more comfortable, yes the dash is nicer, but the jury's still out IMO, MrsCly reckons the top box sits a little lower in her back, footrests aren't as big!
If anybody is on the market for a 63 plate TC mines for sale at Williams Manchester, and it's a belter 👍
What made you trade to LC. ?
DaveCly
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Mike wrote: What made you trade to LC. ?

That's a good Question Mike, well the headlamp bulb went nipped in to buy another and came out with an LC 😄!
I think I was seduced my the colour of the Iconic, but there was nothing wrong with my TC !
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

A bit off, but I had a 2011 TC Gs
Great motor, 100% trouble free
Traded for a 1600 also trouble free and loads of power, and weight
Traded that for my 15rt and haven't looked back, if Bmw were to make a perfect bike the RT would be it,that said i'am a little Leary of trying a new GS as my pocket book would take a hit
Jim
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

The TC was the deciding factor for me. Had overheating trouble with my K series fans not kicking in in time. When I see the LC fan set up - brings the problems back to mind.
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

What about TC vs LC in terms of reliability issues.  Has the gremlins from the earlier models been ironed out EG  final drive, switchgear, seat , screen
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

What's the difference between the two.  Everything.  The only part which has migrated across are the pegs.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

Welcome to the world of the unknown
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

Thats good I like the pegs and they haven't broke yet either!

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Issues with the final drive seat and screen.  What issues? As for swutch gear, probably
DaveCly
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

RTman10 wrote: What's the difference between the two.  Everything.  The only part which has migrated across are the pegs.

Even they are different, well the rubbers are anyway!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I agree.  Look the same, different part number.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

DaveCly wrote: Don't know about the 2008 model, but my 2013 TC was a dream after the first month of ownership, and that was just me getting used to it!
Nice Bike
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

looking at a 4999 mile 2011 model se version today.    who knows