very happy with service

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
futterweasel

very happy with service

Post by futterweasel »

Following on from receiving my extended warranty invite stating my warranty expired on Oct 15, On sat 15 Oct I took my rt to my local dealer to point out the corrosion bubbling up under the coating on the crank cases, (7500 miles two years old) He took pictures and sent them to head office saying he expected a response  on the following Tuesday, called on the Tuesday to be told the corrosion was down to a manufacturing defect but my warranty expired 23 Sept, pointed out I had a letter stating warranty expires 15 Oct, and after further contact with head office Bmw have agreed to a goodwill engine replacement, NICE.
guest2360

Re: very happy with service

Post by guest2360 »

whst was the registration date of your bike. My guess 24 Sept 14.unless of course it was one of the recall bikes.
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

Good result for you, but if Mr. BMW originally tried to avoid liability because they originally claimed that the warranty had just expired on such a  low mileage and 2yr old bike, I will not be purchasing another Beemer come time to replace existing bike. Also worth noting that on any goods they have to be of a reasonable quality even if out of warranty so you would still have a very good legal case.
futterweasel

Post by futterweasel »

RTman10 wrote: whst was the registration date of your bike. My guess 24 Sept 14.unless of course it was one of the recall bikes.
yes date of first reg according to v5c 25/09/2014
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Lucky old you.  Obviously the warranty lot had it wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk