BMW Warranty Madness...

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

BMW Warranty Madness...

Post by richardbd »

So, RT goes in for 12k service.  I've had it just under two years but it's a suspension recall reject, so is actually 2.5 years old and out of warranty - though I took the extended one as soon as the OEM one elapsed.

Get a call from dealer; the exhaust valve is seized. 
OK, so fix it.
It's out of warranty.
I have an extended warranty.
Exhaust not covered.
OK - so how much?
Well, trouble is valve is embedded in down-pipes, so pipes have to be replaced.  Part is £1,300!!  However, some good news - BMW have offered to pay for part as goodwill gesture, if you'll pay £72 for the labour to fit it.

How mad is that - on so many levels???
guest2360

Re: BMW Warranty Madness...

Post by guest2360 »

Think they did the same for Casbar last month.  He only had to pay £60
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Think they did the same for Casbar last month.  He only had to pay £60

plus VAT = £72
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Right.  Think he just said £60. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Yep only £60, but will check the bill. Good news is you get another 2 year warranty on the exhaust  8)
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Just checked my bill it was £60 plus VAT. Whilst I was there, they also found my rear brake calliper was seized to freed that off as well. Funny how that wasn't spotted two weeks before on my famous 6k service that I didn't need and didn't have the oil and filter change  :)  My log book now shows next service is 12k, which is wrong, as I had the oil changed at the annual service in January at 3k, then the 6k didn't do the oil, so the oil needs doing at 9k, not 12k. Hey ho! On 7k now, so by January and the annual it should be around 9k, so all will be good. But then in 3k time, it will need the 12k service.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I would copy that lot to BMW Customer Services because they are feeding you c..p.
We have been here before and it's always 6K to the next one and they are unable to reset your warning light to anything but +6 K.  They can cheat on the date though.
Richard will be pleased he's not paid more for his flap.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: I would copy that lot to BMW Customer Services because they are feeding you c..p.
We have been here before and it's always 6K to the next one and they are unable to reset your warning light to anything but +6 K.  They can cheat on the date though.
Richard will be pleased he's not paid more for his flap.

Yeh I know, but fed up with all the service crap, so will sort myself