New member/ lurker

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: New member/ lurker

Post by guest2360 »

Think you will agree it goes somewhat better than the ST and has a proper screen.
limesgmt

Post by limesgmt »

RTman10 wrote: Think you will agree it goes somewhat better than the ST and has a proper screen.
I kept the st as they have little value on the market. A truly underestimated bike even though it's a wee bit ugly.
The rt was bought mainly so Anne was more comfortable on the back and the luggage capacity, the difference between the two bike came as a complete surprise to me.
The technology,comfort and handling were a revelation, the bike is a joy to ride.
Intercom next, God help my wallet!
Dave
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

What sort of intercom? I recently got the Sena SMH5 FM one, and have been VERY impressed.

'only' about £220 for a pair.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You need to read about comms here before investing especially if you have the audio system fitted.
limesgmt

Post by limesgmt »

"What sort of intercom? I recently got the Sena SMH5 FM one, and have been VERY impressed."

That sounds like a good deal. Any advice would be more than welcome.
The bike does not have a sound system so the intercom is just for Anne and myself plus the sat nav. If we could both hear the sat nav it would be a bonus prize, is this only possible with the BMW system?
Dave
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It is not possible to connect a GPS to any more than one headset irrespective of make or model.  Some Bluetooth sets allow you to transmit all connections from one to the other but I'm not sure what the quality is like.  The BMW kit is no different allowing you to connect the GPS to only one helmet. It also does not automatically mute .  The alternative is a wired system with the GPS connected via a Bluetooth dongle.  I use this as it allows full connection to both helmets including the phone. Music quality is also very good from the GPS.  There is of course no power restriction as the whole thing is bike powered.  My equipment is an Autocom Logic.  Total cost was about £300.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sullivj
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Have a look in the intercom section, where I wrote recently about the Sena.

viewtopic.php?t=3

Any questions about it - just ask.

Rt man. I think I can share my Sat. Nav instructions with another paired sena intercom. I've not tried it, but remember reading about it somewhere. I think I can share music in the same way.
Last edited by Sullivj on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

A sat nav, any sat Nav will,only connect with one other Bluetooth device, i.e. A headset.  Unless that headset can forward what it receives to another headset it is pared to your stuck with getting prompts and of course music to just one.
Sullivj
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Yes, that's what I said / meant.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

So you did. 
limesgmt

Post by limesgmt »

Thanks gents, I'll have a read to see which system to buy.
Dave