R1200RT LC mirror's

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
yellowjacket

R1200RT LC mirror's

Post by yellowjacket »

Has anyone tried to install another set of rear view mirror's on an RT LC ? I like the high mirror's on the GS better. I guess being a life long Harley rider has me use to those high mirror's.
guest2360

Re: R1200RT LC mirror's

Post by guest2360 »

Should have bought a GS.  I think you might find a clearance problem with the screen on anything like hard lock.
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

As a former Road King owner, I much prefer the position of the RT mirrors. Better rear and side rear visibility in my opinion.
Pete1200

Post by Pete1200 »

Check out Nippy Norman's for replacement lever mount castings that are threaded ready for mirrors on stalks. http://www.nippynormans.com/r1200rt-to- ... rt-2013-on
May the road ever be your friend, from leaving home till journey's end.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Wrong bike
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

NN reason for selling these is exactly the same as for the pre LC bike. They need to be mounted well,in to clear all the switchgear.  Would be interested to hear from snyboby who has fitted these. I can see then restricting the steering on hard lock if you have the screen down.  I fitted a set of bar mirrors on my 09.  All,they did was block any view in the proper ones so came straight off again. 
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

RTman10 wrote: Would be interested to hear from snyboby who has fitted these. I can see then restricting the steering on hard lock if you have the screen down.
According to the reviews they just clear the screen when its down, the bigger one to watch for is that if you have the extra front BMW lights they DON'T fit as the switch gets in the way.
Stems could be a cm or two longer BUT would then clash with lowered screen when bars on full lock...so ok fair enough. Actual mirrors are good shape, (could be a little bigger!) and the adjustment I think is adequate for the job. Be aware that whilst you can see the original mirrors, they will be semi blocked by the new ones. No problem to me as I only use originals as blind spot mirrors. ( adjusted accordingly) Overall, a simple, value for money addition to my bikes safety. btw,are they left and right, couldn't quite work it out?!!
If you have a spot/headlight switch fitted to left hand side of the handlebars you will not be able to put the switch back in place after fitting the adaptor as there is no thread to do so
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just like the old ones. Fit one and block one.  On the LC you're better off spending some time getting them properly adjusted.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Just like the old ones. Fit one and block one.  On the LC you're better off spending some time getting them properly adjusted.

Agree.  I reckon the LCRT has the best mirrors of any bike I've owned...