Bike show NEC

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Bike show NEC

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Sptintgull.  Leave the MuckOff there.  BMW alloy can have issues with it.  And yes I know lots use it with no problem but lots do.

Mate of mine used it on the forks of his Triple Black GS.  Now it's only a Double Black.

It's very (some would say too) powerful stuff...
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Going Thursday, 4 of us 😊 Looking forward to it 👍
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

Been to the NEC today, smaller than I remember it, not as many freebies and can get better deals on the internet, checked the best show prices for a new helmet and bikecover but www won. Saw the Green RT on one of the exhibitors stands and the Polar white RT on the BMW stand. Sorry about the quality of the pictures but I need a new phone.
Attachments
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2392.jpg
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

i had a Sherwood Green Harley Road King, but don't really like the green on the RT, unless the picture doesn't do it justice. Like the white though.
GuzziRick

Post by GuzziRick »

The green is a nice colour just don't think it suits the bikes shape, the white looks great and suits the bike and it might actually be faster than grey! it would be my choice if I was in the market for a new RT LC.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

z :bofh: c Was also there today.

Not much to get excited about but it was a pleasant day.  Have to say, the comments on UKGSer about the BMW stand are right though - total waste of space.  The only two interesting bikes they had were a new GS Rallye (which was a bit disappointing anyway) and a GS310 (which looked seriously cool) but both were fenced off.

The rest of the stand was given over to 95 variants of the RnineT, which was outclassed by bikes from just about every other manufacturer doing the same thing but better (IMHO of course!) and a load of scooters.

Ducati and KTM stands were way better and the best BMW (the 8-Ball painted green RT) wasn't even on the BMW stand.

And finally guess how much BMW want to the new Street Guard Air jacket....

...If you guessed £1,725, well done!!

:beee: :beee: :beee:

ds99

Post by ds99 »

I just don't see the point of bikes like the BMW R nine T.

I guess they look cool if you're just buzzing around on a sunday, but you can't do long trips on them as there's no screen/luggage and the seat is too thin, they're too big for use in heavy traffic, you can't take them "scrambling", so they're really just "fashion" bikes for people who think they're steve mcqueen

or maybe i'm just getting old
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Interesting.  Pidcock's are showing the two parts as £1295.00.  Obviously not as good at adding up as BMW UK. 
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

We had a good day yesterday.  I liked the green on Datatag's RT.  Got a handy little UV pen too.  Not a fan of the white though.  Personal thing I guess (+being colour blind) but I'd still take ebony over both the new RT colours.  Enjoyed the off-road school demo though.  Makes it look very easy.  A little disappointed at the lack of places to buy clever tools you'll never need.  Was offered 20% off Rukka, which still made it almost twice as expensive as Halvarssons which is probably the way I'll go.  Kriega not deviating from list price, so I didn't buy anything from them.  Pleasant enough day out, especially enjoyed the 20 mins it took to find the car when we left.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote:

Interesting.  Pidcock's are showing the two parts as £1295.00.  Obviously not as good at adding up as BMW UK.

That will be for the "cheaper" version.  There are two versions of the jacket.  The "base" one feels like it's made from a very lightweight material, that I'm not sure I'd trust.  That still costs £1,200!!
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Thats now in Rukka territory. Rukka give a 5 year guarantee, is BMW still only offering 2 years I wonder.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Can't find any reference to two types of jacket for the vest.  Have a look at Pidcock.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Can't find any reference to two types of jacket for the vest.  Have a look at Pidcock.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hadn't seen any reference to two types either - but both were hanging there on display...
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

ds99 wrote: I just don't see the point of bikes like the BMW R nine T.
I guess they look cool if you're just buzzing around on a sunday, but you can't do long trips on them as there's no screen/luggage and the seat is too thin, they're too big for use in heavy traffic, you can't take them "scrambling", so they're really just "fashion" bikes for people who think they're steve mcqueen
or maybe i'm just getting old
Yes, I'm inclined to agree that these types of bikes are verging on the pointless. I was given the loan of an RNineT at my local BMW dealer when mine went in for a service. Definitely not for long trips as you rightly say, but I must admit for general hooning around for a half day type ride, it was fun (in a crude sort of way) and I actually took the bike back with a (confused!) smile on my face!! Despite them appearing to sell quite well, I won't be bothering at all with this trendy bike!
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I had a GS which was lowered as a loaner for a few days last week. First time I'd ridden a GS as I'm only 5ft 8 and always thought it would be too tall. It was great fun and loved it, think it will be on my list for the future. Not sure about touring on it, as the weather protection was a little lacking, but it was very shore footed around the lanes and was a revelation  8)