My latest

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
pwbike
Been liked: 1 time

Re: My latest

Post by pwbike »

Steve F wrote: I think that's the norm in the US...?
Same in Australia
Peter
Ed

Post by Ed »

It's the fastest colour too. PR4s seem to be the way go , best tyre so far and on 2nd Rt since 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

You stated that you're scared of losing the front end.....
The only reason you should is a) tff (too firkin fast), b) braking on a bend.
Remember, slow in, fast out.  And most importantly, ride at a speed that you can stop in to be clear ahead.
I always raise my visor 1/2" when coming to a roundabout or junction that I need to negotiate to sniff for diesel.
Have faith in yourself and don't grab the throttle too quickly and you'll be fine.
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Cleverbee wrote: You stated that you're scared of losing the front end.....The only reason you should is a) tff (too firkin fast),b) braking on a bend ...... Have faith in yourself and don't grab the throttle too quickly and you'll be fine.
In my case, my concern comes from falling a few years ago while travelling dead straight and vertical on snow ! I'm ok on dry or wet roads as long as they're reasonably clean and the temperature is over 5C, but your advice is duly noted - thanks.
To update the issue on changing oil + filter at 600 miles, this is indeed the case and when I pointed out the anomaly in the handbook the dealer said that BMW would be informed. Nothing to worry about really, only a typo in the handbook.
My bike has now had it's 6000 mile service and niggles with the quickshifter and TPMS have been rectified. Bike now close to perfect.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE