Where did you get to in 2016

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
bushbikie

Re: Where did you get to in 2016

Post by bushbikie »

April 2016: 2000Km's Brisbane to Nabiac to see the Australian Motorcycle Museum (including as many twisty roads as we could find in the time available).
October 2016: 6000Km's Brisbane to Phillip Island for the Australian MotoGP (including as many twisty roads as we could find in the time available).
Whole bunch of 300-500Km day trips that I could do on weekends.
2016 San Marino Blue
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

Rode over to Berlin for a factory tour in the summer, was a nice ride and the roads in the far side of Germany were lovely and had much less traffic on.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Not a lot of miles done this past year. Couple of trips up to RAF Lossiemouth, Morayshire to watch the Tornado's and Typhoons at play. Stayed in my usual Bed and Breakfast in Grantown on Spey or "Grantun" as the locals say. Kinross House B and B recommended. Cracking well surfaced roads around the area including the A95 (The stretch between Aviemore and Grantun is a belter). Then the A941 from just past Aberlour to Elgin is also very good. October, and a late season run down to Provence to visit friends. Managed a "toll free" run all the way down. Calais, Rouen, Evreux (1st night stop) then Orleans, Bourges to Issoire for a 2nd night stop then joining the great N102 over the Auvergne high ground bypassing Le Puy en Velay, to Aubenas then on to cross the Rhone at Montelimar before the last leg to Nyons. The journey home was more or less a reverse route with stops near Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire (Chambres d'hote Le Crot Pansard in Belleville sur Loire recommended) and Hotel Florence in St Quentin, also recommended. Incidently, the RT Panniers take a 6 bottle case of good quality Cotes du Rhone in each side !!.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

East Anglia & Essex in May - 7 day tour.
Northern Spain , west/east and back - taking in Aragon Moto GP in September - 14 Day tour.
vulcanbike
Been liked: 2 times
Canada

Post by vulcanbike »

Bought a 2011 RT SE Tri Color in June with 4000kms on the clock. Rode it around Vancouver Island for a month to see if there where any bugs in my new old bike. With 8000kms and no problems I left the Island and headed east to Nova Scotia and the Atlantic Ocean. Stayed with friends for a few days and left for home. A great trip at 13000kms return. About 160 hours in the saddle with only 12 hours of rain over the trip.
Attachments
IMG_20160801_115823383.jpg
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I've only done about 3.5k miles since June and most of them have been on two trips (via the ferry) to Spain and a bit of Portugal, I just love the roads, food and the people. I feel that riding is way safer over there, people are not so stressed out and in a hurry as on our overcrowded roads. The bike is nimble and decently quick, always a pleasure to ride.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

blokeonthemove wrote: I've only done about 3.5k miles since June and most of them have been on two trips (via the ferry) to Spain and a bit of Portugal, I just love the roads, food and the people. I feel that riding is way safer over there, people are not so stressed out and in a hurry as on our overcrowded roads. The bike is nimble and decently quick, always a pleasure to ride.
+1