Avoid Shad - wish I'd known!

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
jdavk

Avoid Shad - wish I'd known!

Post by jdavk »

Just a note from an RT newbie: Avoid Shad if you have a choice! Their customer service is horrible. If you want a status update on your order you'll be forced to speak with "Daniel" who apparently does online chat, phone/email support, warehouse, you name it.

Regardless of where you go to speak/chat with "Daniel" you'll get the same run-around: "Let me check the warehouse... We don't have it. I'll send you an update on when we expect it." The update never comes so you call back a couple weeks later and hear the same EXACT thing. (Lather, rinse, repeat!)

(It's my own fault for trying to save a few $$ on a top box for my '16 RT!!)

FWIW...

-John

2016 R1200RT (current bike)
2016 R1200R (sold)
2012 K1600GTL (sold)

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Avoid Shad - wish I'd known!

Post by Casbar »

Where are they, where are you located. Not normally good form to name and shame on a first post. Can cause issues for forums
jdavk

Post by jdavk »

Yep, first post here but been on the forums for years. Only posted as an FYI. Feel free to give it the weight you feel it's due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ds99

Post by ds99 »

SHAD is a USA BMW dealer network
Coach_A

Post by Coach_A »

Exact opposite experience for me. Received my top case in one day...in Florida so not far from them. Great service with nice young lady. YMMV
jglawso1

Post by jglawso1 »

Had a good experience ordering from SHAD.  No problems.  Sorry your experience has not been a good one.
LIRider

Post by LIRider »

I've also had good service from Shad even after some problems with my original order.  I did have several issues once the order was received but they rectified them right away.  Issues included broken tab on original custom-paint top box cover for my SH-50 (sent new top panel),wrong hardware in custom mount kit (new screws of proper length sent) and they replaced the entire lock mechanism on the case when it popped out shortly after installing the case on my bike.  No request to return any of the replaced parts either so now I've got a few spares around.  The folks in FL seemed very responsive and wanted to make things right. 
2016 R1200RT - Platinum Bronze Metallic