My names Mark and I'm based in Worthing on the South Coast of England. I've just bought a 2007 R1200RT off of a mate and this is my first BMW.
I've been riding for around 25yrs and had a range of sports and trail bikes but this is my first proper Tourer.
The bike came to me with a few issues which I've been working my way through.
- Had the Front Wheel which had pothole damage repaired.
- Reactivated the Tyre Pressure sensors using the fantastic GS-911 Diagnostic kit that I treated myself too.
- Replaced the Battery and cleared all the Fault codes that where stored.
- Balanced the throttle bodies.
- Changed the Rear Brake Disk & Pads.
- Cleared the ABS Fault codes, again with the help of the GS-911.
- Fitted a Pipercross Air Filter
- Repaired the Fuel Strip so now have a fully functioning fuel guage again and got rid of the irritating Yellow Warning Triangle on the dash.
I'm going to the Isle of Man for the TT Practice Week next year with a few friends so hoping to have the bike 100% sorted by then. In the meantime I'll be lurking and trying to pick up some tips along the way.