Fitted a New Aftermarket Screen

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
guest3954

Re: Fitted a New Aftermarket Screen

Post by guest3954 »

DaygloDavid wrote: How do you see where you are going.

Not only that, I wear prescription glasses with transition lenses.

Tinted visors look cool, I use a mellow smoke tinted visor with a light smoke pinlock.
As R-T Man said. Looking over the screen is the answer.

I do carry a replacement clear visor & pinlock, plus some clear lens glasses, particularly in France.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Casbar wrote: Serious question - I sometimes wear glasses at night to ride in, how do you stop them misting up, is there a coating you can put on
I have to wear prescription vari-focals to ride with (one of the downsides of getting old I guess) so the whole fogging thing is something I am uncomfortably familiar with. Two pieces of advice...

1) Water will condense much more easily on a dirty surface, so give your glasses a quick clean with a microfibre cloth before you set out and you'll be impressed with the difference.
2) If your glasses are fogging up then you are not getting enough airflow through the helmet. It's a case of experimenting with the vents - and if necessary the visor position - to get enough airflow but not too much so you get cold/wet.

Regarding (2) - when I was using my Schuberth C3 I had to ride with the visor in the 'City' position all the time and at speeds below around 25 mph I had to open the visor to the first stop. (This was in part due to the fact that if you open the chin vent on the Schuberth you get substantial turbulence inside the helmet, so I never used it.) I have now switched to a Shoei Neotec. On that one I keep the exhaust vent on the back of the helmet open and have removed the chin curtain, and that's all I needed to do. If it is particularly wet I might need to open the chin vent and if I stop at the lights for more than a couple of minutes I might need to open the visor a notch. But that's all. The visor is fitted with a pinlock which stays nice and clear - it's just the glasses that cause problems.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

I find it less of a problem if I breath through my nose rather than my mouth ... But maybe it's just me?
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Solution.  System 6 Evo.  5 seconds with the chin vent open and everything is clear.  No helmet dismantling required. 
Lynxfixer

Post by Lynxfixer »

Casbar wrote:
You can't assume someone is a numpty from posts on a forum, if that was the case a queue would have to be formed by most users of forums.  8)
Just as you can't assume they're not a numpty just because they're an officer. Took me 6 months to learn that.....and 24 1/2 years for it to be proven time and again!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That sounds a bit B & T to me .  Or have I  misunderstood after 32 years of being on the other side.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: That sounds a bit B & T to me .  Or have I  misunderstood after 32 years of being on the other side.

lol, its like in Business everyone thinks they know better than the management, pity they are not management  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Thought I hadn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Thought I hadn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, been out for Christmas drinks, used the wrong quote, it wasn't yours  I was replying to. Note to self drink less  8)
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Casbar wrote:Sorry, been out for Christmas drinks, used the wrong quote, it wasn't yours I was replying to.
"Top Tip", don't use the internet after drinking.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I never do it the other way round.
Lynxfixer

Post by Lynxfixer »

I guess my poor attempt at banter has fallen on stony ground, I apologise......... (backs away slowly from the conversation after remembering this isn't ARRSE!!)
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Lynxfixer wrote: I guess my poor attempt at banter has fallen on stony ground, I apologise......... (backs away slowly from the conversation after remembering this isn't ARRSE!!)

Not at all it was really good, I just screwed up my quote reply because I had been on the beer. And yet again I have been on the beer  8)
MacJ

Post by MacJ »

Casbar wrote:
Not at all it was really good, I just screwed up my quote reply because I had been on the beer. And yet again I have been on the beer  8)

Is there a pattern emerging here?
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

MacJ wrote:
Is there a pattern emerging here?

No not really just a bad weekend  :)