It's here!

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
Paggers

It's here!

Post by Paggers »

Picked up my new R1200 RT LE from Bowker Motorrad yesterday afternoon. Fitted the front mudguard extender and the mounting plate for the Givi monokey topbox (that was a lot more work that I was expecting) and then got out this morning to start putting miles on the bike. I have already booked it in just before Christmas for the 600 mile initial services.

Here is a quick snap of the bike parked up close to the Mersey in Liverpool.

2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
marc1200

Re: It's here!

Post by marc1200 »

Hi nice bike like the black engine and the white body panels marc. 8)
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Looks nice.  When do the blue lights get fitted?
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

I didn't know the engine was going to be black and I agree, it looks amazing.
richardbd wrote: Looks nice.  When do the blue lights get fitted?
:enjoying:
Complete co-incidence of course but I went out today and bought a yellow flourescent bomber jacket to go over my Rukka jacket (my existing one was red and getting a bit ratty). On my first ride with it I couldn't believe how many people were slamming on the brakes, getting out of the way, or driving ridiculously slowly as soon as I came up behind them!

As I use the bike for commuting, and am a little bit worried about rear visibility on the motorway, I am planning to get orange and yellow flourescent stripes fitted to the back of the boxes (just need to find someone local who can do it for me). Again, nothing to do with making the bike look more like a police one, just for safety purposes.
:pee:
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

richardbd wrote: Looks nice.  When do the blue lights get fitted?

Ha Ha Ha ... Beat me to it!
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

How big is that top box?
guest3075

Post by guest3075 »

Nice bike, I have same one
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

RTman10 wrote: How big is that top box?
52L

http://www.givi.co.uk/cases/Monokey/TRK52N%20TREKKER

I commute to work by bike and my work bag holds two laptops, my lunch, and a pair of work shoes (along with a bunch of other random clutter). I used to have a 45L Givi box but I couldn't fit the bag in it, it fits nicely in this one - plus the Trekker matched the factory boxes on my GS quite nicely.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It's probably OK but there have been instances of high speed instability with oversized aftermarket top boxes.  Mainly affecting the GS . 
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Are the orange fork reflectors a new thing?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

All 2017 bikes across the range now have them.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Push bikes have had to be fitted with reflectors from new for years now. It's taken a while for BMW to catch up.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Not sure I follow these remarks about the white RT and references to looking or trying to look like the police
They look nothing like
Attachments
image.jpg
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

RTman10 wrote: It's probably OK but there have been instances of high speed instability with oversized aftermarket top boxes.  Mainly affecting the GS .
Probably depends on the box. That one has been on the back of my GS for 18 months and has done ~10k motorway miles in that time. Not the slightest problem. Although of course it depends on what you consider to be 'high speed'.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Maz12 wrote: Not sure I follow these remarks about the white RT and references to looking or trying to look like the police
They look nothing like
To be absolutely clear, I am not trying to make my bike look like a police bike. From pictures I have seen there are a couple of bikes in our local IAM that have gone the 'whole hog' and got their bikes completely covered in the reflective panels so they really do look like police bikes! I have no desire to ride around on something like that. My interest is in making sure that I can be seen on a dark motorway where my biggest fear is that I make an emergency stop and the car behind me remains focussed on the stop lights of the car in front of me.

My remarks around people thinking it was a police bike are more based on observed behaviour when I was out today - people were reacting very differently to when I was out on my red GS wearing a red jacket. I just think it's amusing is all.