It's here!

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
Hodge

Re: It's here!

Post by Hodge »

And you left it at arms length in liverpool.....Rule 1 in the IAM handbook
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Hodge wrote: And you left it at arms length in liverpool.....Rule 1 in the IAM handbook
In my defence, I did set the alarm.
:be happy:

The swingarm and drive assembly are both black on mine, and the frame is silver. It's fairly subtle to be honest, I didn't notice the engine was black until I was fitting the front mudguard extender yesterday and I didn't notice the swingarm was black until I was putting ACF50 on today. Either that or I'm just not very observant.
:silence:
Last edited by Paggers on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Here are a couple more pictures. West Kirby this afternoon.

2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

The bike still looks very nice.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Love the white, would be my colour of choice if I ever change from the really fast Quartz Blue
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Casbar wrote: Love the white, would be my colour of choice if I ever change from the really fast Quartz Blue
my thoughts exactly
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Casbar wrote: ...really fast Quartz Blue

trouble is that my old man had a 1967 Cortina Super 1500 in Quartz Blue, so I always assume everything that colour has that performance!

:alas: :alas:
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Out for a bit of a ride today and took my camera with me. I was actually shooting medium format 'wet' film but had my 35mm DSLR along as well - obviously these are from that camera. The sun was not adding much to the scene so I was shooting black-and-white on the medium format. For the same reason I decided to convert the DSLR images to mono as well - they definitely look better than the colour original.

First shot is beside the Bridgewater navigation canal in Warrington.

Next shot is on the front in Runcorn with the Manchester Ship Canal immediately beyond the bike, the Mersey beyond the wall, and 'The Bridge' in the background.

My last shot is taken from the same location in Runcorn, looking the other way towards the site of the new bridge that is being constructed to connect across the ship canal and Mersey river to Widnes.

For those who are interested in that sort of thing, the images were captured on a Canon EOS 7D with 24-105 F4/L lens and post-processed in Adobe Lightroom.
paulh

Post by paulh »

Well done .... great looking bike be
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Great pics, and thanks for the local tour. I've only ever been to Runcorn once, for a court hearing. You pictures make it look nicer than I remember it to be.
BlueRT

Post by BlueRT »

Great looking bike! I saw a white 2017 RT at my Motorrad dealership in Atlanta last weekend. The white color really stands up! Congratulations!   
Keep The Faith!
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Here are some pictures from a recent outing. I was scouting for some good photography locations - the sort of trip I would previously have done as routine on my GS. It was quite interesting taking the RT down pot-holed dirt tracks and I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was to ride, especially with the rear wheel regularly sliding around on gravel and mud.

I'm not sure of the name of this location but it is north of Frodsham, between the M56 and the Manchester Ship Canal. The last image shows one of the better roads I travelled on!

GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

Paggers wrote: I didn't know the engine was going to be black and I agree, it looks amazing.
:enjoying:
Complete co-incidence of course but I went out today and bought a yellow flourescent bomber jacket to go over my Rukka jacket (my existing one was red and getting a bit ratty). On my first ride with it I couldn't believe how many people were slamming on the brakes, getting out of the way, or driving ridiculously slowly as soon as I came up behind them!

As I use the bike for commuting, and am a little bit worried about rear visibility on the motorway, I am planning to get orange and yellow flourescent stripes fitted to the back of the boxes (just need to find someone local who can do it for me). Again, nothing to do with making the bike look more like a police one, just for safety purposes.
:pee:

Picked up mine on 15th same colour, fitted red reflective stickers on the panniers ....... very simple to fit

Ordered from eBay - Adventure[/font][/size] Grafix[/font][/size]
[/font][/size]
Just in the process of fitting the Innovv K1 system if there suitable mounting locations without having to manufacture additional brackets.

Nothing wrong with the bike giving you that presence on the road even if a yellow hi-viz is worn. Riding most days on the M25 I would prefer drivers notice me and slow down and sometimes move over.
GJ-MOTO
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Guys stop trying to defend yourselves, white bike, reflective stickers on the rear, Polite vest, job done  8)  and before anyone gets upset, if I was buying a new bike it would be white, really like the colour.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I had a white BMW back in 2014. A 1600 Exclusive.  Dropped it 3 times at a standstill in 3 months.  I put it down to the colour.  Nothing to do with its 380kg weight.