Fitted Aeroflow tall screen

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Paggers

Fitted Aeroflow tall screen

Post by Paggers »

Not had a chance to try it out yet but the screen turned up today and I have fitted it to the bike. Below are a couple of pictures. I'll add some remarks on how it changes the ride when I have something to report.

Before (stock screen)

After (Aeroflow tall screen)
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Fitted Aeroflow tall screen

Post by Casbar »

Looks good, I have the Werks Quiet screen fitted. Really like it. It would be good to see if there are any improvements or differences in performance between the two.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

When I ordered it (which is a few weeks back now) I did a fair bit of research, including the Werks screen, and - for reasons that I no longer recall - decided that the Aeroflow would work better for me (I think it was a height thing). However, it has worked out a bit more expensive than I had expected. Including shipping the Aeroflow screen was $300, which due to the very weak pound came out to almost £250. Then on top of that I got stung for £60 in customs fees and VAT.

Nothing against Aeroflow, but if I had known up front that it was going to cost me over £300 I would definitely have gone for one of the other options. But hopefully, now that I have got it, my original research will be validated and the screen will do the job for me.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Done a few searches, there doesn't seem to be many if any comparisons between the Werks and the Aeroflow, so would be interested on your review
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I once did a long haul trip with another identical RT.  Both two up and fully loaded.  We filled up approx every 200 miles.  Each time my bill was £5 less than his.  The only difference was the screen.  I ride with mine just a bit up maybe 1/3, he always had his all the way up. 
You can therefore exoect some decrease in your mpg.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

If I remember correctly it was this video that decided me on the Aeroflow tall over the Werks. My final two came down to the Aeroflow and the Cee Bailey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5WHoMcSeo
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Very good review, I probably would have considered the Aeroflow if I had seen this. But at the time, all the reviews were about the Werks screen. Plus Terry the guy who designed the Werks screen did me a really good deal and was great to deal with. Guess my only comment, would be, the guy on the video didn't try the tall Werks screen, so if looking through the screen there may have been less differences. I am not tall so find the Werks very good and I get no turbulence. Trouble is in the UK if importing from the US its kind of a one time buy, so you have to take a punt. I do like the look of the Aeroflow though, but not going to change as I'm happy with the Werks. I would try one if in the States though  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Didn't know you were keen on barn doors.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Didn't know you were keen on barn doors.

Got to say the Werks is really good, only need it up 30% and its very quiet, you don't need ear plugs and you can ride with your visor up, if thats your thing. Much better than standard  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I can provide you with a BMW sticker so nobody knows it's not the genuine article.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: I can provide you with a BMW sticker so nobody knows it's not the genuine article.

Thanks, but I already have my SERV Wessex stickers on both the screens  8)  Of course you guys who garage over winter are probably fine with the standard screen  :whistle:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I was out this morning.  Air con on 21, wipers on auto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: I was out this morning.  Air con on 21, wipers on auto.

I'm on nights tonight so will be out on one of our marked bikes, also picked up Boxing day and the 27th, Lucky me  8)  Off New Year though
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

What people do to escape from the festivities. 

Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: What people do to escape from the festivities. 

Lol, having a great afternoon watching my son drink all my beers