New member arriving

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
knme

New member arriving

Post by knme »

Hi folks,

new member arriving, from Scandinavia. After 32+ yrs I returned to riding MC in 2015. One stop and I got my first RT, a 1150 2003 which I I rode for a good many kilometers. The original plan was to take it down through Europe, but early this year I realized it would not quite do it for me.

June this year I traded it in for a decently equipped 2010 RT with pretty low mileage. 22k kilometers or thereabout we did together before it was time to put it to sleep. Had my first ever MC trip across the Alps this summer. Loved it, next year I plan a longer expedition and a lot more passes than this time!

I've tested the new LC which I liked a lot. Come the 2017 season we'll see if I stay with the current or go for a new(er).
Below picture taken on an Autumn ride across a Norwegian mountain pass.
Cheers :)
Jacksnipe

Re: New member arriving

Post by Jacksnipe »

Knme, Welcome and Happy Christmas, the Norwegian terrain in your photo looks imposing and cold !It looks similar to some of our Pennine region in this country. I am sure you will get some good info on this site.
Jacksnipe
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

knme wrote:New member from Scandinavia.

Picture taken on an Autumn ride across a Norwegian mountain pass.
Welcome, having visited parts of Scandinavia last year (2015),  it's a lovely place, what part are you from & where was the photo taken.
knme

Post by knme »

Jacksnipe wrote: Knme, Welcome and Happy Christmas, the Norwegian terrain in your photo looks imposing and cold !It looks similar to some of our Pennine region in this country. I am sure you will get some good info on this site.
Hi Jacksnipe, thanks, and Merry Christmas to you! Actually it wasn't so bad, although taken in, believe we crossed there Late August/Early September. RT suits the climate quite well with the protection one gets. A different experience in Bavaria/Germany last summer. I would not mind having some vents up front to channel air better :) The roads are pretty awesome, come 2017 there will be a lot more expedition about in the Nordics!
Last edited by knme on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
knme

Post by knme »

DaygloDavid wrote: Welcome, having visited parts of Scandinavia last year (2015),it's a lovely place, what part are you from & where was the photo taken.
I am from Oslo region, the picture was taken somewhere on this road. highly recommend it to anyone coming into or riding through the country.
Last edited by knme on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest3954

Post by guest3954 »

Velkommen. I see you have the TC. Brilliant bike.  :)
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Welcome to the forum.
I've ridden in Russia, Finland and Sweden but my only experience of Norway was a visit to Stavanger and Bergen on a business trip when I worked in the oil industry.
Maybe I should look at taking the bike to Norway .....
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

knme, hello and welcome to the forum.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Hello and welcome. Nice picture.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

knme wrote:I am from Oslo region, the picture was taken somewhere on this road. highly recommend it to anyone coming into or riding through the country.
The nearest we got to that road was where the Fjaelandsfjorden & Sognefjorden come together, we were on roads 13 & 55.

Looks like the Laerdals-tunnelen is through the mountain which the pass goes over the top of.
Last edited by David. on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

gogs01 wrote:Maybe I should look at taking the bike to Norway.
Good idea, especially with a local guide.