General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: New member Navigator V

Post by guest2360 »

Probably right.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Grabs a bag of popcorn and waits to watch the thread derail into an active debate over the merits (or otherwise) of additives.  8)
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Like when I was a lad and was convinced my Francis Barnett 197 would instantly explode if I didn't give it a squirt of Redex with every fill.  Many wasted shillings later it did anyway.
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

RTman10 wrote:

Just to clarify ZX1 shouldnt be confused with additives on the market.

If its not an addictive what is it.

http://www.team-zx1.com/extralube-zx1-m ... tment.html

Hope the link helps answer one of many question that may be posted.
GJ-MOTO
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

Paggers wrote: Grabs a bag of popcorn and waits to watch the thread derail into an active debate over the merits (or otherwise) of additives.  8)

Always good to have a debate on the +\- of any product on the market.

But at the end of the day it all comes down to individual choices, some will try it, some won't and other will sit on the fence as normal.

So when you finished your popcorn what's your view?

GJ-MOTO
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Waffle.  If it wasn't everyone would use it and it would be available in Tesco. £63 a ltr. Wow. And you add it to fuel or oil, it doesn't mix with either but bonds to and impregnates the metal. That's not magic it's a miracle.
Last edited by guest2360 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

RTman10 wrote: Waffle.  If it wasn't everyone would use it and it would be available in Tesco. £63 a ltr. Wow. And you add it to fuel or oil, it doesn't mix with either but bonds to and impregnates the metal. That's not magic it's a miracle.

That's one opinion and I'm sure your not the first to have that opinion. When I 1st tried the product I wasn't sure but notice the difference.

I don't shop in Tesco so can't confirm if it's sold there 🤔

As previously mention it comes down to choice and it sound like you've made yours

Last edited by GJ-MOTO on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GJ-MOTO
tony23

Post by tony23 »

RTman10 wrote: Waffle.  If it wasn't everyone would use it and it would be available in Tesco. £63 a ltr. Wow. And you add it to fuel or oil, it doesn't mix with either but bonds to and impregnates the metal. That's not magic it's a miracle.

Got to agree with Rtman here.
An additive , or whatever it's called, that impregnates the metal , really :)) :))
If these products were that good then Bp, Shell etc would be adding them to fuel,oils etc and bumping up the retail prices surely?
Until I see irrefutable , independent research to prove the claims I remain sceptical.I didn't notice any on the website by the way only testimonials.

However for those that choose to believe then fair play it's your cash.

GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

tony23 wrote:
Got to agree with Rtman here.
An additive , or whatever it's called, that impregnates the metal , really :) ) :) )
If these products were that good then Bp, Shell etc would be adding them to fuel,oils etc and bumping up the retail prices surely?
Until I see irrefutable , independent research to prove the claims I remain sceptical.I didn't notice any on the website by the way only testimonials.

However for those that choose to believe then fair play it's your cash.

Being sceptical and wanting irrefutable/ independent research seems to be the norm.

Totally understand why you and RTman don't believe there statements and I'm sure others will be thinking the same.
GJ-MOTO
photontorpedo

Post by photontorpedo »

Thanks guys. Is the navigator V worth the additional outlay?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Was for me and it's not a fortune to use it in the car as well.
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

photontorpedo wrote: Thanks guys. Is the navigator V worth the additional outlay?

As with most things, it depends ....  I found my old nav iv fairly easy to use and well integrated with the bike, and the nav v seems better, as well as being even better integrated with the LC.  I may also go for the car fitting kit.  So, I'm happy with it.
There are however many alternatives, probably all cheaper, so the question of value is still a personal one.
Looking forward to hearing what you decide .....
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Agreed there are cheaper ones around but none that just click in and work fully with the bike.  I would also argue there are none better.  Tom Tom owners  need not reply.
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

I'm assuming that things like warning indicators only come up if you have the Navigator?

At the risk of repeating myself - with the Nav V what you are paying extra for is the integration with the bike. If you are not interested in those additional features then there isn't much sense in buying the Nav V. But on the other hand, why pay out for a bike with so many advanced features and then skimp on the satnav that would integrate with those features?
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Warning indicators ?