New member Navigator V

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: New member Navigator V

Post by guest2360 »

I thought you were looking at getting the RT showing on the bike dash.  Don't think you can do anything about changing the GS to an RT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

RTman10 wrote: I thought you were looking at getting the RT showing on the bike dash. Don't think you can do anything about changing the GS to an RT.
Ah, okay, crossed wires then. I already switched the navigation icon to the touring bike - before switching it back to one of the triangle things because I found it too difficult to see clearly when driving  ;D
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Paggers wrote: Ah, okay, crossed wires then. I already switched the navigation icon to the touring bike - before switching it back to one of the triangle things because I found it too difficult to see clearly when driving  ;D

Triangle is the best - you can see which way it's pointing!
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

I use the BIG YELLOW BUS, easy to see, & unless the driver goes out of control always point in direction I am going.
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Just rang Garmin Customer Service and BMW Customer Service, neither of which knew much about the My Motorcycle app, and why it's missing on my Nav V. Haven't been to the dealer yet but will mention it at the first service. Not really too worried about it but just curious as I thought it was available on the 2017 models.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It definitely is available so either the Nav or the bike needs sorting.  Don't expect too much at the shop as probably none of them use it.  But if you can get it working with another unit they will have to do something.

Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Depending on where you are based there may be another forum member with a Nav V who could do a swap around and see if you get any different results. I would certainly be happy to do so if you are in my neck of the woods (just west of Manchester).
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Thanks for this guys, I'm in Surrey so a bit far away, will talk to the dealer when I next go in.

stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

I'm in Aldershot (border of Hampshire and Surrey) with an updated Nav V if that is anywhere near you and can help?
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.