RTWC Mirrors

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: RTWC Mirrors

Post by Casbar »

Paggers wrote: I completely agree with this. In fact, it was interesting when I picked up my RT as until then I hadn't realised just how aggressive I had become with filtering on the GS. I have definitely dialled it down a notch or two since getting the new bike and have booked an IAM course to see if there are any other bad habits that I need to sort out.

You'll enjoy the IAM course, although it depends on who the observer and tester is of course. I did both IAM and ROSPA in a weeks intensive course, it was more like a biking holiday. Didn't find any difference in the test between the two, although IAM are not keen on off siding.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

As I believe was said earlier in this thread.....'chill' 8) . Don't let the red mist rise, either when confronted with difficult filtering on the bike, or penning responses on the forum. Just my two penneth, FWIW! :) . At all costs, ride safe!
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Hampshire Bike Safe course input from the police:
  • [size=78%]Filtering is fine but ...[/size]
  • [size=9px]Up to 35mph, its probably the car at fault if there's accident[/size]
  • [size=9px]Over 35mph, sit with the traffic and don't filter[/size]
  • [size=9px]Accidents filtering above 35mph would be considered split blame[/size]
[size=9px]For what its worth.  Personally, hats off to the bikes filtering up the M3 in rush hour filtering at over 50mph.  Not for me, but everyone has there own subconscious risk assessment of these things.[/size]
Paggers

Post by Paggers »

Interesting feedback that. Although I have never had any guidance regarding speed of filtering it's interesting that 35-40 is the point where I usually decide that traffic is going fast enough and I slot back in.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

I stick by my old mantra that it does not matter whose fault an 'off' may be, they all hurt. My only vengeful act filtering was to return a fag butt to its rightful owner, still lit, after it appeared on my tank bag. Was trickling up to a roundabout between two lanes at walking pace when the miscreant flicked it from his pimped Astra or similar. He did seem somewhat surprised as I chucked it back into his lap with a genial 'I think this may be yours....'
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Sprintgull wrote: I stick by my old mantra that it does not matter whose fault an 'off' may be, they all hurt. My only vengeful act filtering was to return a fag butt to its rightful owner, still lit, after it appeared on my tank bag. Was trickling up to a roundabout between two lanes at walking pace when the miscreant flicked it from his pimped Astra or similar. He did seem somewhat surprised as I chucked it back into his lap with a genial 'I think this may be yours....'

Excellent great response  8) 
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

I thought of this topic after seeing this new movie trailer  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-UIJ9QuaY
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Nobby wrote: Hampshire Bike Safe course input from the police:
  • [size=78%]Filtering is fine but ...[/size]
  • Up to 35mph, its probably the car at fault if there's accident
  • Over 35mph, sit with the traffic and don't filter
  • Accidents filtering above 35mph would be considered split blame
For what its worth.  Personally, hats off to the bikes filtering up the M3 in rush hour filtering at over 50mph.  Not for me, but everyone has there own subconscious risk assessment of these things.

Hats off at their funeral. Think high speed filtering on busy motorways is mad ! No way on this planet half the motorist you have filtered past have seen you. Thats leaves the rest to kill you as they do yet another pointless lane change. Boy they must be mad. IMHO. :)
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Benchmark wrote: I thought of this topic after seeing this new movie trailer  :)

Funny. :)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Benchmark wrote: I thought of this topic after seeing this new movie trailer  :)

Ha,  I sent this link to my mate who was following me on Saturday
He said he has the evidence on film.  :eek: