Identity Tag

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
stayingupright

Re: Identity Tag

Post by stayingupright »

I have to admit to not giving this enough thought before so have ordered an ICE key fob from eBay #322173360644
Last edited by stayingupright on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Glad to have insipred some debate and purchases.

Let's hope we never need to use any of it chaps. Ride safe.
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I like the idea of these but don't know where to carry it, my bike is keyless so that's out, I could put it round my neck but imagine the irony of being strangled by your own ID tag!
omnione
Great Britain

Post by omnione »

We have little green cylinders attached to our jackets which contain all our details on a small roll of paper inside. They were given to us free at a motorcycle show we went to a few years ago. (sorry can't remember which one). I should imagine an internet search should show up something similar. If your details change you can just re print them and pop them inside.
Attachments
20170112_173038.jpg
All my old bikes some my photo's some library ones. https://plus.google.com/photos/10247855 ... 44vW9K6McA
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I quite like that idea Omnione.
Dollygray

Post by Dollygray »

I use these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1 one stuck either side just aft of the visor, hopefully if I come off, my helmet will still be attached to my head!
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Dollygray wrote: I use these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DZLEVK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 one stuck either side just aft of the visor, hopefully if I come off, my helmet will still be attached to my head!

I use the same thing...
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

What if an injured rider is wearing borrowed helmet/clothing with someone else' details? Photo driving licence much better me thinks?
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Nemesis wrote: What if an injured rider is wearing borrowed helmet/clothing with someone else' details? Photo driving licence much better me thinks?

apart from the fact it has no ICE details - or blood group or allergy info.

Otherwise, top idea...

:alas:
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Nemesis wrote: What if an injured rider is wearing borrowed helmet/clothing with someone else' details? Photo driving licence much better me thinks?

What if the rider isn't carrying his driving license or doesn't have a photo one. The idea of ICE is not to identify the rider per say, but to identify any medical conditions and emergency contacts. All can be sorted out at the hospital. or just don't fall off  :)
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Personally I wouldn't be lending my helmet to anyone, photo driving licence doesn't contain contact details only who you are so would delay them getting in touch with your next of kin.
Last edited by guest3074 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Out off interest, are there any ambulance staff and/or paramedics on here (or possibly friends/relatives of such) who could advise as to what is the most effective approach to this seemingly very useful idea?
Everyone's ideas on here all appear to be good and pragmatic, but what do the professionals have to say on the matter I wonder?
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Steve F wrote: Out off interest, are there any ambulance staff and/or paramedics on here (or possibly friends/relatives of such) who could advise as to what is the most effective approach to this seemingly very useful idea?
Everyone's ideas on here all appear to be good and pragmatic, but what do the professionals have to say on the matter I wonder?

All our blood bike group have to have ICE stickers. This apparently was on the advice of the Hospitals and Air Ambulance we support (believe its part of our SLA with the Hospitals). There is one company that specifically have ICE for blood bikers who have the group logo on the sticker. I personally use Tagisar, which was recommended by our group.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

That's interesting Casbar, because I'm not aware of hearing similar from our group, Freewheelers, and nothing's seemingly been fed back from GWAA or WAA either. I will ask my BB colleagues. Thanks for the info.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Steve F wrote: That's interesting Casbar, because I'm not aware of hearing similar from our group, Freewheelers, and nothing's seemingly been fed back from GWAA or WAA either. I will ask my BB colleagues. Thanks for the info.

i think the whole NABB thing and group rules is a smoke screen. our group make edits about things like wearing badges on our jackets etc that other groups don't seem to bother with. So Personally I think its different groups committees making rules and using other forces to back them up. I don't think NABB has any teeth and groups do what they feel is right. So basically its all down to the committee of the group you ride for. I'm not a rebel so just toe the line, because at the end of the day we do the job to make a difference.