New RT Clutch Lever/Clutch Adjustments

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
BlueRT

Re: New RT Clutch Lever/Clutch Adjustments

Post by BlueRT »

There's always a few meatheads in the neighborhood, aren't there? By in large I appreciate your helpful replies. I started riding Enduro bikes when I was 18. Honda XR350R and XR500R and had the friction zones adjusted to engage just at the slights release of the clutch lever. I now have the RT friction zone adjusted accordingly. I joined this Forum at the recommendation of a friend that advised me the members of this Forum were mature and always willing to assist when asked.  As I stated at the commencement of this paragraph, there's always a few meatheads in every neighborhood!  RTman10, thank you sir, for your particular recommendations.   
Keep The Faith!
Taz

Post by Taz »

Sadly, the same the world over. I am also on Boxertrix which is normally a great forum, but once in a while it is tainted by an unhelpful comment.
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
MacJ

Post by MacJ »

To get back to your original question BlueRT although the only adjustment is on the lever there may be other issues.
I found the clutch on mine difficult at first as it seemed to have very little movement between engaged and disengaged, resulting in a couple of embarrassing stalls. It still catches me out occasionally.
:-[

It also seemed to 'drag' on occasions both up and down the box. Gear shift pro works great though. I raised this at the last service and the mechanic also found it so. He bled the hydraulic system through and it seems better now. He could not explain why this happened as there were no leaks in the system. I hope you sort yours.

Just ignore some of the clowns here they just have too much self confidence - all of it misplaced!
Trilergy

Post by Trilergy »

resurrecting the original question...
This is bit difficult to hear (wind noise) but he shows a way that you can. I will give it a go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZ4QD-0gFU
JC-RT

Post by JC-RT »

BlueRT, the clutch actuation on the RT is hydraulic so there is not the adjust as on a cable actuated clutch between the lever and the clutch actuator.  The adjustments that can be made are at the lever through selecting the number on the wheel that fits you best.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Trilergy wrote: resurrecting the original question...
This is bit difficult to hear (wind noise) but he shows a way that you can. I will give it a go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZ4QD-0gFU

This ^ looks a good solution to the OP's question, That's how you adjust the lever/bite point on my GasGas brake and clutch levers.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)