Navigator VI available soon

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Re: Navigator VI available soon

Post by slparry »

richardbd wrote: What's the point of that? I can already stream music from my phone to my helmet, without the need for a satnav, Nav6 or any other model...
:-\ :-\
If you have the Nav you connect your phone to the Nav and the Nav to the helmet, that way the nav sucks the address book from the phone and displays it on the nav if you need to make a call, meaning your phone can remain in your pocket.

Also if someone calls it'll display who's calling. Nav 6 allows the music to stream from the phone to, and to be controlled by the nav on the move without having to touch your phone
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

slparry wrote: If you have the Nav you connect your phone to the Nav and the Nav to the helmet, that way the nav sucks the address book from the phone and displays it on the nav if you need to make a call, meaning your phone can remain in your pocket.

Also if someone calls it'll display who's calling. Nav 6 allows the music to stream from the phone to, and to be controlled by the nav on the move without having to touch your phone

Personally, I HATE phone functionality on bike comms systems.  I think riders who use a phone whilst riding are as bad as drivers using hand-held phones - they are a danger to themselves and everybody around them.  I defy ANYBODY to concentrate enough to ride a powerful bike effectively whilst making or receiving a phone call. 

Occasionally I will listen to music whilst riding - but never whilst making "progress" or on a technical road.

So, although the screen resolution on the Nav6 might be a good step forward (and the unit does look cool) it doesn't get my vote...
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

richardbd wrote:
Personally, I HATE phone functionality on bike comms systems.  I think riders who use a phone whilst riding are as bad as drivers using hand-held phones - they are a danger to themselves and everybody around them.  I defy ANYBODY to concentrate enough to ride a powerful bike effectively whilst making or receiving a phone call. 

+1 on that.  I do like having the phone connected to the helmet, but if I need to make a call I pull over and let the bike idle while I talk.
BMW MOA #210438