brake light stuck on. r1200rt 08 plate

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
yantodogs

brake light stuck on. r1200rt 08 plate

Post by yantodogs »

Hi all and thanks for letting me join the group I have just tried to repair my abs pump commen fault with the sticky brushes but after rebuilding the bike my rear  brake light doesn't  go out and still got the red brake failer light. Has anyone else ever had this problem  and w
any idea how I can cure t.. many thanks
bieffe
Bike Model and Year: bmw 1200 rt 2007
Been liked: 1 time
Slovenia

Re: brake light stuck on. r1200rt 08 plate

Post by bieffe »

Is red brake light only flashing and when you move bike goes off or not. I repaired sticky brushes also and had no problem. If red brake light persists, try with bike on center stand  and with switch ignition on moving rear wheel forward and pull lever of front brake and  you will hear moving motor of abs pump, if pump is OK then you will hear moving pump, sorry for english.
kiki

Re: brake light stuck on. r1200rt 08 plate

Post by kiki »

bieffe wrote: Is red brake light only flashing and when you move bike goes off or not. I repaired sticky brushes also and had no problem. If red brake light persists, try with bike on center stand  and with switch ignition on moving rear wheel forward and pull lever of front brake and  you will hear moving motor of abs pump, if pump is OK then you will hear moving pump, sorry for English.
Never apologize for speaking(writing)  English.  Regardless of how bad you think it might be, Your English is 1000 times better than my Slovenian. Here in Canada , people think highly of themselves when they can actually speak 2 languages while  The rest of the world laughs at us when they can speak 4, 5, 6 and more languages fluently. My hat off to you , sir.