Brake light

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
LC cool

Brake light

Post by LC cool »

I need advice I want to fit a brake light to my top box show me  your install.
guest2360

Re: Brake light

Post by guest2360 »

As I think you have the LC fit the proper one.  It takes about 20 minutes to put on and requires no dealer input.  Very bright as well. That assuming you have to correct box of course.
Last edited by guest2360 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LC cool

Post by LC cool »

My top box does not have facility for BMW one, i am going to use a HEX ezCAN so i can connect straight to that without dealer input but i want a nice bright light.

Taz

Post by Taz »

Another alternative is to buy the Clearwater Billie brake light (google clearwater lights). About $130. But you will also need to buy their 'can opener' to connect into the canbus. This is a multi function unit so if you decided to buy their led lights in the future then you can connect into the same 'can opener'.
I know because I have fitted their Darla lights to my 2016LC and the can opener unit has separate leads already marked for the 'billie' light.
So when is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

I have the BMW 49L topcase with the factory brake light, bought from KFM Motorrader online.  About 2/3 the price of getting it from the dealer.  If you want to plug in, be sure you have the right wiring harness.  If you have central locking, you should have a large cylindrical plug it connect to.  I unfortunately did not have the right plug, but was able to use the Clearwater CanOpener to get it working.
BMW MOA #210438
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

Here is a thread I started related to this same topic, with some pics.  https://1200rt.com/index.php?topic=2232.15

BMW MOA #210438
LAF

Post by LAF »

LC cool wrote: My top box does not have facility for BMW one, i am going to use a HEX ezCAN so i can connect straight to that without dealer input but i want a nice bright light.
With the ezCAN all you need is a license plate bracket with a led light in it.  I used this one:https://store.58cycle.com/SIGNAL_DYNAMICS_02029_7805_1415_p/PU-PN-7805-1415.htm?gclid=CJeO1end9tICFdONswoduLQMKw

With the ezCAN you get running light, brake light, and deceleration light from one channel of the ezCAN.  This light is bright and the finish is very nice on the bracket.

No need to rig anything in the box just use the license plate bracket.