RT-LC vs GS-LC

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Re: RT-LC vs GS-LC

Post by Ganesh »

It really bugs me when people say they are vertically challenged being 5'8", try being 5'4" with 28" inside leg and getting on a GS or RT. Problem is not getting the leg over it, it's finding the ground to put it on! The RT ventilation worked well for me when keeping the speed down to about 70mph and the windshield down, handy that. That's with a low seat and only having my head and shoulders in the breeze, 38c was the hottest with the humidity running around 80%.
thanks and regards, Ganesh
Tones

Post by Tones »

I do not consider myself to be vertically challenged at 5’5”, everyone else has a height problem. Love my RT with the low seat option, no main problem getting feet down on most surfaces,however, if parked on extreme kerb angle, can be a bit hard getting the thing upright! However, i’ve Added front and rear crashbars for the moment the foot slips and over she goes!
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ganesh »

Shared that experience when you find the ground isn't where you expect it to be, so I have the same. Engine crash bar and head guards. Also found that a good pair of boots with a nice thick sole helps, got a pair of Altbergs with very grippy soles. Particularly useful when paddling the bike, even they don't work going up slopes.
thanks and regards, Ganesh