Which Fairing Bolts

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
caferacer92
Bike Model and Year: 2014 RTP
Canada

Re: Which Fairing Bolts

Post by caferacer92 »

Tried to download pdf but nothing came up?
Randyjaco
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 38 times
United States of America

Post by Randyjaco »

SweRT wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:49 am Have simplified diagrams a bit and added some additional parts usually removed eg for service
[attachurl=1]
I tried several times to download this file. After downloading, it wouldn't open. It stated that the file was corrupted :cry:
jclaudej
Bike Model and Year: 1250 RT 2019
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 14 times
France

Post by jclaudej »

Same thing for me :(
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 453 times
Been liked: 398 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

It's and old file and as such may have been deleted in the past

I will have a look to see if it's is in the system and just not linked properly from the conversion to the new software
Boxflyer
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Boxflyer »

If you have a WetHead 1200, this shop aid will help. It keeps your screws from being lost and reminds you of not putting back all the screws and where they should go if you have some left over on reassembly.
I take this file to my local FedEx Office printing location and have them print it out 12x18in (about 30x45cm) then I use spray glue to stick it to 2 thicknesses of foam core board from an art supply store.
Just stick the screw into the soft board right next to the location it came out of on the bike and reference the correct screw that is supposed to be there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kgaPF ... drive_link Left Hand Side
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HbJdS ... drive_link Right Hand Side

gsinil
Bike Model and Year: '09 R1200RT
United States of America

Post by gsinil »

Boxflyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:18 pm If you have a WetHead 1200, this shop aid will help. It keeps your screws from being lost and reminds you of not putting back all the screws and where they should go if you have some left over on reassembly.
I take this file to my local FedEx Office printing location and have them print it out 12x18in (about 30x45cm) then I use spray glue to stick it to 2 thicknesses of foam core board from an art supply store.
Just stick the screw into the soft board right next to the location it came out of on the bike and reference the correct screw that is supposed to be there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kgaPF ... drive_link Left Hand Side
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HbJdS ... drive_link Right Hand Side

Thanks for sharing, does anybody have this for a '21 RT?

TIA
GS
Boxflyer
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Boxflyer »

There are 3 screws that are longer without shoulders in each engine fairing starting with the 2019 and usually no screw on the tank cover forward point under the each side glove box.
On the Torque Sheet, the new value for the rear Brake Caliper is 28Nm vs 24Nm.

I may make a completely NEW version of these for the ShiftHead in the near future...it's a lot of cutting/glueing and general "art work" to make these before taking a HI REZ photo so I can reprint them at the local FedEx Office store.

Brad
gsinil
Bike Model and Year: '09 R1200RT
United States of America

Post by gsinil »

Boxflyer wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:55 pm There are 3 screws that are longer without shoulders in each engine fairing starting with the 2019 and usually no screw on the tank cover forward point under the each side glove box.
On the Torque Sheet, the new value for the rear Brake Caliper is 28Nm vs 24Nm.

I may make a completely NEW version of these for the ShiftHead in the near future...it's a lot of cutting/glueing and general "art work" to make these before taking a HI REZ photo so I can reprint them at the local FedEx Office store.

Brad
Funny, those are exactly the bolts that triggered my question about the updated diagram.
When I removed the panels in the picture below, I realized somebody used 2 different screws on each side, a long one without a shoulder and another one with a shoulder.
This does not seem right because the panels are uniformly thick, and the mounts they go in also look identical.

Just would like to figure out where the "shoulder-less" long screws are supposed to go.

Thanks!
RT panel screws.jpg
RT panel screws.jpg (258.67 KiB) Viewed 167 times